My Z

philb1965

Picked it up Tuesday. GT Coupe no sat nav.

Just given it a polish with meg's step 2 (first time I've used it and it was hard work).

Going to wax and seal it over the next couple of days.

http://s1008.photobucket.com/albums/af2 ... 1965/370Z/

Thought I'd post it as I haven't seen any Le Mans Blue ones on here. Glad I picked it, the pearl paint looks great in the sun (which wasn't out when the pics were taken).

Cheers

Phil

Thanks, I can't say how pleased I am with the car. It ticks every box for me and value for money doesn't get any better!

Just need to feed her plenty of 99 ron now, to make her purr!

If anyone is wondering whether to buy one then just do it, you won't regret it!

Cheers all, Pics don't do the colour justice to be fair. I'm going to slap some wax on today and maybe the sealer and see if I can get some better ones.

I believe today's the day for a new black one to be picked up :teeth: get some pics up!

Still making my mind up about the exhaust note, going to contact my insurer to see if they will load my premium if I fit an aftermarket one.

I love the VXR8 by the way, no problems with exhaust note there I guess!

• 2 weeks later...

I hadn't driven a Z for a few years, my last one was an 05 GM convertible which was more a cruiser.

This seems much quicker, more responsive and more planted than my old car. Build quality and interior trim seems much improved and I love the 19" wheels on the GT. I was giving it a clean today and my neighbour came up and said "that's some piece of machinery" enough said I think!

The only downside so far for me is exhaust note....or lack of it.

I'm going to check if my insurance will be loaded if I change it, as long as it not too much, then I'll be changing it as soon as I can.

Cheers

Phil

• 3 weeks later...

Hi mate, yep loving the car, just clocked up 1000 miles and I look forward to jumping in the car every time.

Haven't bought an exhaust yet as I can't insure it with Privilege. Due for renewal November, so I'm going to have one ready to fit then. The car deserves a better exhaust note. I may even ditch Privilege early soy stock exhaust is in reasonable nick still.

I've been checking out exhausts on YouTube and on the American 370z website as the options they have are huge. To be honest I'm none the wiser though.

I'd like to hear a better clip of the Scorpion. The Agency power exhaust seems good value as well, sound seems great and it has some silencers you can take on and off the tips if you fancy it loud or not. Seems to get some good reviews. There's a uk agent as well if you do a search.

I don't want to make the wrong choice though!

I may do a poll to see who's got what fitted in the uk as the only mention has been Stillen and Scorpion.

Are you going to change as well? Any thoughts what?

yes i think im going to have to change got to check with insurance first but it is a sad ass sound from the stock exhaust.

i do like the sound (all be it from youtube) of the stillen but its not cheap unless one of the deals that Chris mentioned with the cat 3s

its hard to say without hearing them in the flesh :headhurt: and in car.......

• 2 weeks later...