help!!

_BR1TT0N_

hi guys, im sorry if this has already been covered. have only just bought an 03 zed. i really want some rims for it. prefer to have 19"s and i nice lip on them. i would like 10" width on back and 8.5" on front. have not got a clue about this offset stuff? :wacko: really dont know what it all means. i would like to lower the car eventually but not yet. people keep telling me i am limited to what rims i can have like only rotas, volk and work. But not sure why? i have not got brembos on but i would like some so if that helps lol can you guys help me out it in some ideas of rims and what i need to look for. been constently looking for rims fo last 2weeks now!

thanks!!

hi guys, im sorry if this has already been covered. have only just bought an 03 zed. i really want some rims for it. prefer to have 19"s and i nice lip on them. i would like 10" width on back and 8.5" on front. have not got a clue about this offset stuff? :wacko: really dont know what it all means. i would like to lower the car eventually but not yet. people keep telling me i am limited to what rims i can have like only rotas, volk and work. But not sure why? i have not got brembos on but i would like some so if that helps lol can you guys help me out it in some ideas of rims and what i need to look for. been constently looking for rims fo last 2weeks now!

thanks!!

Loads of options mate outside of the 3 you mentioned, but you may get stuck on the 10 rears, you also probalby want to go for 10.5 Rear and 9.5 Front... Offsets should be around +22 but you can run spacers but your best to try and get the right offset as wider spacers can ruin the ride and handeling.

Basically first off, what style are you looking for and what colour? And whats your budget as this will cut it down a bit!

Ok well I know volk and that are way out of my price range or I just might have to save up lol looking. For a set around the 1000 marker. Yer I defo don't want soacers because I don't understand enough as it is. I really would like a set of rims with a stainless steel lip just because I know what the polished lips are like with corrosion. But having the lip not a must be. Just need a nice set that are gd but makes the car more 'my own'.

cheers guys!!

Get in touch with Rare Rims thats who ill be getting mine from. They offer alot of different styles some based on the 3-4k genuine examples for a fraction of the price.

Great customer service also ... Ill be getting Linea Corse Dynas or Varrstoen wheels ...

Also check out varrstoen.eu for their wheels ... prices roughly are £1150 posted to UK 19" awesome offsets and staggered widths.

Ok well I know volk and that are way out of my price range or I just might have to save up lol looking. For a set around the 1000 marker. Yer I defo don't want soacers because I don't understand enough as it is. I really would like a set of rims with a stainless steel lip just because I know what the polished lips are like with corrosion. But having the lip not a must be. Just need a nice set that are gd but makes the car more 'my own'.

cheers guys!!

Have a look at the 5:AD's that Husky has just put on his, great wheels and not far off your budget :)

Cool thanks guys! So should I not really worry about offsets and that cos I am a bit confused. If I talk with rarerims.co.uk and tell them what car it's for and space for brembos and that, will they sort me out? By the way what do you peeps think of the new rota gtr-d wheels? With the blue and the red ones? Quite funky lol any one bought them? If so pics please:-)

thanks

Cool thanks guys! So should I not really worry about offsets and that cos I am a bit confused. If I talk with rarerims.co.uk and tell them what car it's for and space for brembos and that, will they sort me out? By the way what do you peeps think of the new rota gtr-d wheels? With the blue and the red ones? Quite funky lol any one bought them? If so pics please:-)

thanks

No you need to worry about offsets, its the most important bit!! Geting the right offset will mean that you will have a wheel that fits the car!

Yes if you call Rare Rims, or even Andy @ Kudos Automotive or Sarah at Chilli Red they can help out and advise you.

Mate you asked a simple question and never really got a proper answer - off-set, along with width determines how far the wheel will stick out - if you go too low (higher the ET number) the the wheel will sit inside the arch too far, too wide and you'll be to close to the arch and may either stick outside further than the arch (MOT fail) and/or rub on the arches.

For example if you get a wheel that is say 10" wide with an off-set of say ET50 this will still sit quite far under the arch.

The same wheel (10" wide) with an off-set of say ET10 will sit much further out (I think 1x ET = 1mm but not 100% sure)

So a 9" wide wheel with an off-set of ET10 will sit better than a 10" wide wheel with ET50 so off-set is very important to consider.

It's also worth researching what different size wheels will do to handling / perfomance / grip etc and you should consider what you want to use your car for most.