What is this broken bit?

Gizmo-R

Possibly somethign to do with the Pax coffee cup holder?

I'll run with that ......... deffo NOT ashtray spring and cup holder is only other thing I can think of with a spring in it

or could it be part of an aftermarket cup holder .... the one that sits in the centre cubby between the seats

Its pre-facelift and I mean passenger side the cup holder is at! Cup holder pops out ok and holds drinks fine although if you put a can in there it does sit on the **** a little

Cans do sit on the tilt even with that bit!! Red bull cans fall out!!

is yours pre or post facelift?

Does the post facelift have a pop out coffee cup holder on the drivers side?

The facelift (06+) has a coin holder thingy in place of the cup holder. The drinks holder is conveniently in the door card for both sides which I prefer

The pre-facelift door card holes are pretty useless for storing stuff not to mention taking stuff back out from it due to awkward shape of it

is yours pre or post facelift?

Does the post facelift have a pop out coffee cup holder on the drivers side?

The facelift (06+) has a coin holder thingy in place of the cup holder. The drinks holder is conveniently in the door card for both sides which I prefer

The pre-facelift door card holes are pretty useless for storing stuff not to mention taking stuff back out from it due to awkward shape of it

Yeh I knew they were in the door. Just didnt know if there was an extra one somewhere I had missed!

Still not sure if I would want a large latte against my knee, esp if a nice bit of road came along!

Prefacelift cards are even useless for putting your wallet in... must have smaller wallets in Japan!