Anybody Ever used this?

Demolition49

:scare: Would you trust rubbing all that grime around your paint work with out water especially............... I wouldn't IMO

Just stick to the traditional method and besides those cars in the showroom would of never been exposed to the elements outside.........

So the verdict for this product.......... ;)

Showroom shine............. more like Showroom Sh@*te............ :lol:

best 'quick detailer' IMO is the awesome Meguires Last Touch.

I use it on everything. Between every stage on a detail etc etc, costs £25, but thats for a US Galloin of the stuff! and you can dilute it 1:1 for use with clay. So works out soooo much cheaper than pre bottled crap.

doesnt matter on your car Demolition49, as its already covered in swirls :p

Sounds like a swirl fest to me.

Best option I have found, is a combo of a MF duster (about a quid from Morrissons) to take off any dust without really touching the car, then some QD to remove the last of the dust. The main thing to do is clean the car prior to setting off (proper wash) and keep the car dry all the way if possible. Then you should only have surface dust which the duster will remove, and finally a quick going over of QD will remove the small amount that is left. I certainly wouldnt do that with more than just dust on it though, or do it between washes unless its for a show, and only then with minimum of time after a proper wash.

on the topic of swirls, how do u get rid of them, ive claybarred the car and waxed and can still see them, i use meguiars quick detailer for clay lubricant, use it once after a clean just to give it a quick polish

Getting rid of swirls... thats a whole other topic! its not as easy as wiping a clay bar and some wax over your car.

This gives you an idea of whats involved. (me doing my 350z the other week)

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=37618

And demolition49, it was the lighting at the time :headhurt: , you saw it when it was under the flood light :doh:

To remove swirls you need to polish the car. Swirls are very fine scratches in the clear coat which protects the actual paint. You need to remove enough clear coat to remove the scratches, which you do with polish. Best done by machine polisher, but by hand you can do enough with polish to "round off" the edges of the swirls which will make them less apparent.

If you really want to learn what you are doing - hit up http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/ they have some great guides and FAQs

Getting rid of swirls... thats a whole other topic! its not as easy as wiping a clay bar and some wax over your car.

And demolition49, it was the lighting at the time :headhurt: , you saw it when it was under the flood light :doh:

Yeah but ive noticed certain parts of my car have swirls and others dont

Get it to any of the pro detailers here and they'll get rid of them...

Get it to any of the pro detailers here and they'll get rid of them...

Hmm will do, its defo on the list, im slowly working my way through it! :thumbs:

Need to sort out this slight rev issue first that abbey seem to be working on :thumbs:

Swirls can be hard to reveal, it takes a certain angle of light, usually sunlight is good, or hallogen. You will have swirls everyhere if you have them, as its induced when washing the car, it just likely you didnt get the right angle to see them everywhere. Also pro detailers will likely get rid of most, but not all defects. Dont expect perfection, our paint is thin and soft, so a nightmare to try and rid them of defects :surrender:

Swirls can be hard to reveal, it takes a certain angle of light, usually sunlight is good, or hallogen. You will have swirls everyhere if you have them, as its induced when washing the car, it just likely you didnt get the right angle to see them everywhere. Also pro detailers will likely get rid of most, but not all defects. Dont expect perfection, our paint is thin and soft, so a nightmare to try and rid them of defects :surrender:

Yeah your right :thumbs:

Weird though because i washed and waxed my car and if you look in the photo archive where i posted the thread, that day i hardly saw any swirls apart from the boot between the spoiler and rear windscreen! She looked mint that day :thumbs:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=37928 :yahoo:

If you ever try to take photos of swirls, you realise how hard it is to get the right angle. Still, if its that hard for you to see them, they will be very minor, so some polish with filler will help you out a lot. Megs Super Resin Polish has fillers in, try some of that, followed by a good wax and it will go a long way to hide them while you save up for a detail :thumbs:

If you ever try to take photos of swirls, you realise how hard it is to get the right angle. Still, if its that hard for you to see them, they will be very minor, so some polish with filler will help you out a lot. Megs Super Resin Polish has fillers in, try some of that, followed by a good wax and it will go a long way to hide them while you save up for a detail :thumbs:

Will do, where can i get it from? I tryed amazin, ebay and halfords.

is this it?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Meguiars-Deep-C ... 92&sr=8-12

is this it?

dont let that stuff dry in to much! :drunk:

is this it?

Where to get Megs SRP or decent wax? Megs can be had from Halfords (white bottle, red label), decent wax can be had from one of our many Dodo Juice traders on here :thumbs:

Black hole by poor boys is very good at visably reducing the appearance of swirls,

As for cleaning the car at a show, I got a great peice of kit called the mobiwash (google it as I'm on my phone) it's basically a jetwash which you fill with water and it operates from you ciggy lighter, with a water supply you can give your car a proper wash when you get to a show.