Engine Bay.....

D4XNY

Ok some updates!

Busted my hand up pretty bad 5 weeks ago, which means I cant drive for 10 weeks, big time bummer, and means i miss quite a few shows, meets and events, bad times!

Anyway, as the car is sat on the drive, and im off work, i set about tarting it up a bit, one handed style!

Mainly the engine bay........

I decided to take it apart, and give it a good polish, add a few shiney bits to it, and after 5 weeks, i finally finished today, shame i gotta wait another 5 weeks till i can drive it!! doh!!

Anyway, here's the standard, 350z engine bay, with an aftermarket AEM air filter:-

10.jpg

The plenum chamber has a very dull finish on it.... why dont they come out the factory polished???

12.jpg

I then gave it a steam clean and a bit of a polish.....

16.jpg

However I still wasnt satisfied with it, and definately not enough to show it off........

I decided to take the plenum apart, and polish it up, took hours, but so happy with the results, also added a plenum spacer while i had the plenum apart. Added coolant hoses, and a new strut bar where I sprayed the end bits red.....

Heres the result.....

17.jpg

Oh yeah I even sprayed the battery and brake covers red, to keep with the theme!

Check the difference in the Plenum!

Anyway, I added the shiney new strut bar, carbon fibre, red weave engine cover, and a few JDM stickers around the bay, and here are the results!!!

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

Theres a few bits Im still to do, like red hosing on the electrics, and adding a polished cusco oil catch can, a few more polished lids for the power steering etc, and after the engine mods, its now time for a remap!!!

Oh and the monster stickers are sure to make it go faster....... def need that remap!!!

Hope you appreciate the work!!

When the guys say take a while it does, but while I been off work with my hand, I been happily sat in the garden with my palm sander and a plenum to work on.....

Itsw getting all the dimples out which is the hardest part, once you have a smooth surface, its time to attack it with the wet and dry grit papers, working up, then i mopped it with varying compounds, before a final few rounds of autosol.....

Takes a few hours for the first stage........

Cheers, the stickers Im thinking now, are a bit overkill, but 90% of the time its covered up by the bonnet anyway!

And one good thing about stickers is, they can always come off very easily......

That Blue washer cap is bugging me now........ ha ha

Yeah ok ok, Im thinking just keep the ones by the bumper, lose the ones by the battery covers etc...

You should see the underside of the bonnet, I've attacked that too! ha ha

I bought 17 sheets of JDM stickers from china for about £5, an ebay bargain, so I got a bit sticker happer, using them up! ha ha

Stickers are ok aslong as you actually have the parts to go with them ;)

I like stickers but even I think thats overkill :lol:

Yes i agree... Your lucky I didnt put any TRD or Rallisport stickers in there, ha ha Then you could proper flame me!!

Stickers are ok aslong as you actually have the parts to go with them ;)

I like stickers but even I think thats overkill :lol:

Yes i agree... Your lucky I didnt put any TRD or Rallisport stickers in there, ha ha Then you could proper flame me!!

:lol:

Just take the cap off and paint it :) I did mine black :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok more updates......

Added stainless steel hex bolts (tenner off ebay) M8x30 and some red annodized washers M10x20mm (tenner for 2 packs of 5) and 15 countersunk M6 bolts and washers....... for various bolts around the engine, also added a bling bling cusco oil catch can.....

So now Its pretty much done (just the stickers to remove) ha ha

005.jpg

004.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg