Which Braided Lines

Stew Ilferton

Sorry chaps if I'm asking this inthe worng section but i am a newbie, so firstly hello.

Had a 350 Zed for a while but only just upgraded to internet access LOL. Yes i am behind the times.

I'm thinking about getting some braided brake lines and have found HEL and Goodridge.

Are the Goodridge worth the 3 x cost of the HEL ones?

Are there any issues with the HEL ones?

Why are Goodridge 3 x the cost?

I intend on going on track soon and have just got some Ferrodo DS2500's and looking to replace the lines at the same time.

Thank you

Stew Ilferton

HEL is braided steel just like Goodrige and has no reported issues here on anywhere i heard off so they will be fine. Must be brand popularity or establishment which puts Goodridge infront.

Get some uprated racing brake fluid eg Motul RBF600 or 660 while you are at it ;)

Traders here will get you discounts on al these :thumbs:

HEL are straight lines, and go from the calliper back to the hardline at the car. I have heard for some wearing through the line, as the attachement point isnt provided by HEL so you have to knock your own up. HEL owners can confirm this, as I never had a set, but one person did ask my about Goodridge as their HEL had worn through.

Goodridge are the same setup as OEM just made with better lines (ie SS, not rubber). They have 2 connecting blocks on the front, which can be a weak point, if not tightened properly at installation. However they do not suffer the same wearing issues that HEL can have.

Either line is good if installed properly. If I were to get some again, I would go for HEL but make sure the mount for them is sound as the lines can wear through if mounted incorrectly.

should have said :welcome: in the first place.

Good point of warning Chris but this is not a failure of the Hel line but rather oversight by an unexperienced fitter.

Should also add that lines feel slightly long too but I have fitted these twice now on members here with no issues. To get a rub-free fit you should use the higher OEM point on the strut and a zip tie and it takes up all the slack ;)

1 continuous line has definate mechanical and reliability advantage as you rightly pointed and the are both braided SS. Only OEM is rubber. You also have a choice of many colour finishes or CF effect with HEL :p and no am not on commision :lol:

MWtech here is doing them for £58 now ;)

I have no problems with HEL, I have a set on my bike! If you think they are too long, let them know, they will change the design. Or order them in custom lengths, all HEL full suppliers (actual shops) can usually make them to measure and spec ;)

Goodridge lines every time :#1:

A quality product with perfect fit every time from the market leader and well worth the extra cost.

In stock and good to go same/next day at £125.00

RBF fluid 600/660 in stock £12.50 and £17.25 respectively.

Drop me a pm if I can help you further :thumbs:

Alex. :)

Goodridge lines every time :#1:

A quality product with perfect fit every time from the market leader and well worth the extra cost.

In stock and good to go same/next day at £125.00

RBF fluid 600/660 in stock £12.50 and £17.25 respectively.

Drop me a pm if I can help you further :thumbs:

Alex. :)

Always used Goodridge on my minii's and they never let me down. Good advice there Alex :thumbs:

Had a look at both HEL and Goodridge kits while i was at alex's place. Although I havn't tried either, based purely on the aesthetics and feel, the Goodridge 'looked' better to me. I got a sense of cheap and cheerfull with regards the HEL and the goodies felt more solid and quality. I'll be getting the goodies, but im a sucker for presentation :)