Le Mans 2010 Photos

350ash

As most people on here seem to like photos I thought I'd put up a few from my trip to Le Mans at the weekend. If other people that went could put some of their photos on here as well that'd be good.

Stopped off just after getting off the ferry to sticker up our cars:

P1020498.jpg

Sticking a black sticker on the black part of the rear window wasn't the cleverest idea!

P1020500.jpg

The other two cars I went down with (a 318i and a 1972 VW-Porsche 914)

P1020511.jpg

A few at our 'campsite':

P1020520.jpg

P1020521.jpg

P1020524.jpg

The pit-lane was sponsored by the Nissan 370Z so on radio Le Mans they kept saying "and now in the Nissan 370Z pitlane...", it seemed a bit ridiculous. A nice young lady asked me if I wanted to sit in the 370, it felt quite familiar inside but with higher quality materials.

P1020529.jpg

The classics race in the morning was for Group C cars so there were a few Nissans running at Le Mans this year

P1020571.jpg

My view of the England v. USA game

P1020603.jpg

A Dacia Sandero!

P1020622.jpg

Lots of nice TVRs in this carpark but I took a photo of my car instead

P1020643.jpg

There's a chance that I wasn't supposed to be standing here...

P1020692.jpg

I saw a photo of this sticker on Ekona's car, it seems more suited to a 350 roadster than a GT2 though!

P1020722.jpg

They have (or had...) some massive insects in France!

P1020727.jpg

I don't have too many photos of the race itself, but most looked like this anyway

P1020590.jpg

Awesome photos, how did you get so close to the track? I missed out this year but I'll be back in '11 for sure.

Thanks for sharing,

Matt

There were some metal barriers blocking off the entrance to a carpark but they had a pedestrian sized gap in them. I then just walked from that carpark to the edge of the track. Whilst I was standing there a couple of other people tried to join me but they we told they weren't allowed, they then pointed at me, I guess they were asking why I was allowed there and they weren't. For some reason I was just left alone to watch the race, which was nice!