Clicking noise from the rear -just after some info

ThyJones

Hi Guys,

I know this is a common problem, seen the FAQ, and the following info:

"

Rear axle clicking noise. Sounds like something left underneath. Usually does it when shifting from reverse to forward or initial load when moving off. This is caused by the driveshafts. Due to the work involved make sure the price reflects this if the car is not covered under warranty. You can read the bulletin at http://www350z-tech.com/zwiki/service:t ... _Rear_Axle

Gearchange can get a bit notchy in 4th and 6th if thrashed or neglected.

"

I cant get the link to work, anyone else got a link?

My car is covered by warranty, didnt hear the noise on test, but hear it again now and again... whats actually involved in sorting this problem out, and how much is the cost likely to be?

As mentioned, under warranty, but interested nethertheless.

• 6 months later...
I work in a car dealership (one of ours is nissan) - had the same problem on mine. take the drive shafts out, grease the end of them, turn them 180 degrees and stick them back in. took the master tech about 3/4 of an hour

Unfortunately the grease and rotate method is only a temporary fix :)

Mine started a couple of weeks ago n was gunna grease it on this coming sunday. But its just stopped?????? it sounded more like a creaking than a clicking on initial set off n stopping and mainly from the nearside rear. Then coming home from work the other night i thought "theres something missing hear?" No Noise??? Now no idea? Gunna grease anyway but its unusual?

I work in a car dealership (one of ours is nissan) - had the same problem on mine. take the drive shafts out, grease the end of them, turn them 180 degrees and stick them back in. took the master tech about 3/4 of an hour

What kind of grease did you use? Cause the recommended from Nissan grease is extremely expensive!!

What kind of grease did you use? Cause the recommended from Nissan grease is extremely expensive!!

Remember ZMANALEX's advice above :shrug: