Nismo write off

M13KYF

Seems to be very little damage for an insurance company to write it off?

That's the worrying thing... it's simple maths to them isn't it - cost of repairing vs cost of a replacement. Fact that cost of replacement was less than repair may mean that there's more damage than meets the eye, or that it would be dangerous to repair.

Don't know much about insurance write-offs, so don't quote me!

Front suspension damaged & more importantly chasis looks a bit damaged. May need to be put on a jig. Owner or insurance co probably didnt want it back like that ?

ps I like the way he adds "there is no chasis damage- FROM WHAT I CAN SEE"!! :thumbdown:

If it is so easy to fix then why doesn't he get it fixed himself and then sell it for double his asking price? (Still way under book price.)

No. That car has more damage than meets the eye. I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole... :angry:

Totally agree if this was an easy fix the trade would be repairing this as we speak !! not advertising it on Ebay...........

Looking at the way the front wheel is sitting I am guessing that alot of the front suspension is screwed, this could have also caused damage in a number of places like engine if a brace etc got pushed up into it.

For an insurance company write off a car like that then I would expect to see around £10,000+ worth of damage. Looking at it from vision I would say....

Panels (Skirs/Wings/Bumpers) £1,000

Bracing + brackets £300

Wheel £500

Suspension £2000

Steering £1000 (if it did the rac etc)

THat is not even half of the amount it would need it to be meaning the will be some serious damage hidden away

Intreeged to know what the red thing on the middle of the battery is

• 2 weeks later...

Drivers and passengers airbagsgone off £1k

Passenger side seat airbag gone so new seat £500 minimum

Once airbags gone off it needs a new ECU (can't reset) £650

1 x Rays alloy £500 ish from nissan

1 x NISMO spolier £300 ish

1 x side sill £200

paint + blend £700

thats £3850 ontop of the damage listed above.

It would only be listed as a CAT D though, not a CAT C. Mine is a CAT D because when it had 2000 miles on the clock, some chump sideswiped it. It only needed a drivers side wing, door skin, mirror and Rear quarter (wing mirror put a dent line in it). Because the car was less than 6 months old, the insurance decided not to repair it and replaced it with a brand new one for the first owner!

Lucky for them i suppse, but even luckier for me as i got a bargain 350z on an 05 reg with only 13k on the clock with paint that doesn't fall off :D

Regards

Rob