Security

Josh350z

Hi All

Just thought I'd ask some advise.

I will be going on holiday soon and am getting paranoid about my Z sitting on the drive all alone!

I wanted to be extra sure it's waiting for me when I get home and was wondering if anyone has any advise as to how I can make it extra secure.

I do have a Thatcham approved alarm and immobiliser system fitted and will be leaving the keys at another address, but is there anything else I can do?

Was thinking of disconnecting something within the engine bay, any ideas?

Any reasonable suggestions would be appreciated. :D

Cheers.

Just thinking about it, they are more likely to break into your house first trying to find a key than they are to try and break into a car and try and start it knowing that nearly all new cars come with cat 1 alarms. Car break ins these days usually involve nicking a radio and not a car. Besides if I wanted it and I had a buyer for it, starting the bugger would be the last of my worries in removing a car from a drive. and some people ( ;) ) know how to remove wheel clamps especially when your not worried about the rim.

Just thinking about it, they are more likely to break into your house first trying to find a key than they are to try and break into a car and try and start it knowing that nearly all new cars come with cat 1 alarms. Car break ins these days usually involve nicking a radio and not a car. Besides if I wanted it and I had a buyer for it, starting the bugger would be the last of my worries in removing a car from a drive. and some people ( ;) ) know how to remove wheel clamps especially when your not worried about the rim.

They certainly do. I can vouch for that. :angry::blush: