My second mod!!

terribleone

I'm doing well resisting the moddding bug...had the car 6 months and other than wheel spacers this is my only other mod. B)

There were a few scuffs on the Strut Brace Cover which have been there since I got the car, so bought som 3M DiNoc Carbon Vinyl and wrapped it. Really easy to do and looks great through the rear window. Hope you like the pics:

DSC01324.jpg

DSC01326.jpg

I've been contemplating painting the 'Z' a nice gunmetal colour, but when I was round the olds' house the other day my mum had a sit in the car and said 'Ooh there's Zs everywhere in it!'...I then realised that there are quite a few and then this one wouldn't match!! :lol:

Very B) !

I've been considering this terribleone (plenty of scuff marks on mine too), is it fairly easy to wrap as I haven't attempted wrapping before... :surrender:

Very easy mate, it's the first thing I've wrapped and I did it right first time. Just cut the vinyl roughly to size, remove the backing and lay the cover onto the sticky side. Then use a hairdryer to heat the vinyl up (I don't have one around so had the oven on, popping either end in for 5 seconds to soften the vinyl) then smooth out and it takes shape really well.

I'm looking around the cabin now to find more things to wrap...I really want to do the bits on the door handles with the window controls on!! :teeth:

eBay!! I can't recall who it was from, but type it in and just look for the cheapest price for the size you want.

Oh and yes it comes on a roll, there are sizes from 300x300mm up to bonnet & roof size. :thumbs:

Very nice, can you give a quick guide to removing the cover to wrap it as I have some DiNoc stuff laying around collecting dust and I have a nasty scratch on my cover...

Very B) !

I've been considering this terribleone (plenty of scuff marks on mine too), is it fairly easy to wrap as I haven't attempted wrapping before... :surrender:

Very easy mate, it's the first thing I've wrapped and I did it right first time. Just cut the vinyl roughly to size, remove the backing and lay the cover onto the sticky side. Then use a hairdryer to heat the vinyl up (I don't have one around so had the oven on, popping either end in for 5 seconds to soften the vinyl) then smooth out and it takes shape really well.

I'm looking around the cabin now to find more things to wrap...I really want to do the bits on the door handles with the window controls on!! :teeth:

I did my whole interior in DiNoc, but it was a bit dull really so I took it all off, would look good on the door handles though, someone on here has wrapped theirs have a search if you want piccies :thumbs:

Very nice, can you give a quick guide to removing the cover to wrap it as I have some DiNoc stuff laying around collecting dust and I have a nasty scratch on my cover...

Cheers mate...it's really easy to get off, I did a search on here and nobody really mentioned the removal process so just worked it out myself.

First remove the two bits of plastic trim to the left and right of the piece you're wrapping, these are just attached with clips so stick your fingers under and pull.

Then the two remaining bits of trim still touching the silver cover need to be pulled away from it (ie. just pull them back away from the cover).

Finally, the cover simply pops off itself...it does need a good tug to get the clips out, so don't be shy with it.

Refitting is simply the reverse, but the two top bits of trim are a bit tricky to relocate...you'll work it out though! :thumbs:

Cheers mate...it's really easy to get off, I did a search on here and nobody really mentioned the removal process so just worked it out myself.

First remove the two bits of plastic trim to the left and right of the piece you're wrapping, these are just attached with clips so stick your fingers under and pull.

Then the two remaining bits of trim still touching the silver cover need to be pulled away from it (ie. just pull them back away from the cover).

Finally, the cover simply pops off itself...it does need a good tug to get the clips out, so don't be shy with it.

Refitting is simply the reverse, but the two top bits of trim are a bit tricky to relocate...you'll work it out though! :thumbs:

Cheers, 30 second job!

Now to get wrapping, it will do until I get a proper CF one :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not normally a fan of adding carbon-looking bits to a car, but this does look quite good, would cover up the scratches, and reduce the reflections in the rear window :thumbs:

I'm not normally a fan of adding carbon-looking bits to a car, but this does look quite good, would cover up the scratches, and reduce the reflections in the rear window :thumbs:

I feel the same way about carbon mate but I really liked this look and it's lovely to see through the rear window! :thumbs: