Ditch the spare??

chrisjones6699

I had a blowout on the Zed and there was a patch of 1 inch connecting the tyre. A can of 'get you home' would not have got me home......

Think something like this......

blowout-cause.jpg

I'll take the spare thanks.

I've ditched mine - more boot space, less weight (plus rarely drive with more than half a tank), mpg...

If I get a puncture then I would call my breakdown guys. I pay them to save me.

As for poor phone coverage etc... I'm happy to take that risk and I'll just deal with it if and when it gets me in the sh!t.

Meh!

:shrug:

There is no legal obligation to carry a spare wheel so I guess it can't be held against you if you don't have one. Where the breakdown guys take you depends on the policy you have.

I don't think there is a right or wrong answer as to people's choice to carry it or not; everybody got their reasons.

Spacesaver wont be more than 10kg with the tools i wouldnt think.

Had the spare out today while getting some new tyres fitted and had some scales to hand... It weighs between 16 and 17kg ;)

Weights for the regular 18" wheels (non-Rays) are about 23kg front and 25kg rear. With Rays they would be about 20/22kg.