Changing orange strip in headlight

Paddy Mc

Hi every one. I want to change the orange reflector strip in my headlight. My car is white and it looks like nothing with the orange one's in, i know it's a scary job but i have already opened my headlights so the worst is over, well that is i have to seal them again, the only problem is i can't find any were to buy the replacement clear strips. Does any one no where to get them??

Cheers!!

Hi every one. I want to change the orange reflector strip in my headlight. My car is white and it looks like nothing with the orange one's in, i know it's a scary job but i have already opened my headlights so the worst is over, well that is i have to seal them again, the only problem is i can't find any were to buy the replacement clear strips. Does any one no where to get them??

Cheers!!

you have a pm :thumbs:

It's a lot of money but I'm definitely not putting the orange one's back in. Did you have any problems resealing your headlights? Thanks for the help every one!! :thumbs:

get some clear silicone sealant, that should do the trick lovely! :thumbs:

What is the gap on the reflector strip close towards the top corner for??

the gap at the top is for the american market, they have a running light placed in there :thumbs:

Retrofit LEDs in there maybe??

should be possible with the making up of a mount, the american lights come with a light holder simalir to the indicator bulbs but no such item for the uk/jap lights

They are about £25 a pair, but to be honest unless you know what you are doing I would leave cracking the headlights open to the experts. I think you may find that Husky may be able to help you there.

Sarah :)

cheers sarah :) this service will be available quite soon :thumbs:

They are about £25 a pair, but to be honest unless you know what you are doing I would leave cracking the headlights open to the experts. I think you may find that Husky may be able to help you there.

Sarah :)

They are "cheap"! have those gone down on price or I just immagined they costed £90? :wacko:

Soon to come :evil:

• 9 months later...
Hi husky will u be doing the leds in the headlights like dream customs used to, something I definitely want done to mine, thanks

I will be yes (these may take the form of something slightly different) :) got some orders in i'm working on (as well as my own lights)