What to check for?

mrobinson2

Hey all,

My Girlfriend and I are handing over the cash for her newly aquired 04 plate GM Zed up on saturday morning, just wondering what you guys think i should check when we get there?

we have agreed to have the wheels refurbing to remove the corrosion, so that will need checking.

Also agreed to have the stonechips/scuffs sorted, so i'll check that.

is there anything simple/obvious that i should check?

thanks

Michael.

Check for the clicking axle, it happens when reversing or picking away, Make sure you have the windows down. Check the breaks, and oil, airfilter. Check the service history is upto date. Check the tires for wear on the insides as this is a common issue. Try and blag a new set and get the allignment done.

Check for the clicking axle, it happens when reversing or picking away, Make sure you have the windows down. Check the breaks, and oil, airfilter. Check the service history is upto date. Check the tires for wear on the insides as this is a common issue. Try and blag a new set and get the allignment done.

done all of that mate thanks :thumbs: did it before we signed for it. The tires were the only thing that bothered me, not because they were worn, but because they are Sunew YS618's all round! :scare: I tried to get them to put decent shoes on but they were having none of it as all four corners were brand spanking new!

those will be coming off as soon as the mrs gets enough together for the falkens.

are there any other checks we should be doing before driving off in it?

if it has the bose stereo make sure it doesnt skip as that is another of the problems :thumbs:

yeah, it does have a bose! but if it does skip, what are they likely to do about it with them not being main dealer? anything?

No but they should be knocking something off as it will cost for you to sort it.

if it has the bose stereo make sure it doesnt skip as that is another of the problems :thumbs:

yeah, it does have a bose! but if it does skip, what are they likely to do about it with them not being main dealer? anything?

No but they should be knocking something off as it will cost for you to sort it.

oh yeah :lol:

having one of those days :bangin:

good luck with your buy, I too am picking up my 55 plate roadster on Saturday but knew nothing of the rear axle click being talked about is this for high mileage cars or have most suffered it :shrug: mine has covered 22000miles does the motor have to be driven in a certain way to try and hear the clicking?

Tony.

Not just high milers. Mine was on 36000 when i bought it from a dealer and that had the clicky CV's so i got them to replace both sides.

Have the windows down and try not to be in too much of an open area and pull away as normal or reverse it is when the axle is loaded that they will make a noise if there is a problem. Will also do it while driving if you plant your foot while cruising along.

PM R35LEE, Lee had done lots of BOSE repair(he even do iPod mod) or get an aftermarket unit.

Check the gearchange from 4th to 6th (normal driving come out of fourth and straight into 6th) . If it crunches you have a syncro issue

Dont worry about the notchy 2nd change thats normal :thumbs:

Oh and check the drivers window works all the time -motors can give a bit of hassle and check that all the early recalls were done to the car