HR Tuning

ChrisUUC

Right guys need a bit of assistance ...

I have a 2008 350z the HR model, and want some tuning options from the boffins on here.

I hopefully will have a Nismo Dual Intake system soon enough ... Also will be keeping my stock intake with ITG upgraded filters just incase.

So need more suggestions, but not turbo or supercharger ...

So suggestions please ...

Many thanks, Chris

Might be worth a pm to Greekman, I pretty sure he's done the Uprev tune on a HR engine. Can't remember what other mods he has but I seem to remember him ending up with about 340bhp!

If you're going for performance I'd stick with the standard air intakes and get some decent panel filters.

Might be worth a pm to Greekman, I pretty sure he's done the Uprev tune on a HR engine. Can't remember what other mods he has but I seem to remember him ending up with about 340bhp!

If you're going for performance I'd stick with the standard air intakes and get some decent panel filters.

somthing like that AFAIK the HR tunes up a lil better than the DE due to reving higher so should give you the kinda power the Z deserves.

somthing like that AFAIK the HR tunes up a lil better than the DE due to reving higher so should give you the kinda power the Z deserves.

thought it was the other way round, the DE gets more gains from its starting point, but the HR ends up higher just because it starts higher up in the first place.

well they definatly end up higher as you said , ive not seen any that have more than just the cats /exhaust tune. guess you'd have to ask MArk from abbey what he thinks for a real answer . they defaintly end up wiht nice figures , i mena dumping 1-2k inot get maybe 300 on the de is kinda saddening for me :( 3.5 litres , tuned up and abrely breaks 300 pretty poor but HR is quite respectfull imho but heyits fun right , im going to book mine in to soon just hope she does OK .

HR tunes well , only filter kit to use is a Stillen kit , Nismo sound good but suck hot air which isn't good. Stock air filter fitted with HKS filters work real well.

On the exhaust side , if you want the most bhp possible your have to remove the cats but this will be a little noisy, but fitting De-cats and a XYZ Y pipe fitted with race cats and the stock system will work very well with a reflash. The stock rear exhaust works very well but a performance system will give a few more BHP but not a lot.

We normally find around 15/20bhp & 10lb/ft of torque with all the above mods fitted and remapped.

Mark

Thanks for the info mark ...

Is there any way someone could make such things as proper enclosed heatsheilds for the nismo unit like the stillens? Was thinking about this possibly in carbon ...

Reflash wise what does that consist of and seeing im from Northern Ireland could it be done at any top class tuners place?

What about unichip does it conflict with the cars systems at all?

Unichip..... fail

Get one of the uprev tuners here do it for you could do it airmail but not as good as on the dyno my tuner is good and would rec him highly but don't think he does uprev....there was a try for a scream a while back to arrange mark to go over for an uprev tune but there was far to little interest from here :-( maybe if you got a dyno place in ni you could try and give it another shot?

Found some other manifolds for the hr but not sure re HP gains to be honest.

A

Thanks for the info mark ...

Is there any way someone could make such things as proper enclosed heatsheilds for the nismo unit like the stillens? Was thinking about this possibly in carbon ...

Reflash wise what does that consist of and seeing im from Northern Ireland could it be done at any top class tuners place?

What about unichip does it conflict with the cars systems at all?

Thanks for the info andlid ... might try Triple 7 tuners over here in NIreland. They are Revo dealers for the VAG boys and get a very good reputation so might enquire have they done remapping for the 350z's.

Ideally wanted the 06 model to do plenum spacer and upgraded plenum ... is there nothing available such as this for the HR?

Abbey are 1 of the 2 lice ced uprev tuners in the uk . If you book with them ( getting my self booked soon as I get paid ) they load uprev to your car then make a custom map for it but since you can't get there ypu can buy from uprev the the mappi

g software and cable to tune yourself ,using thecable in the kit and a pc abbey could then make you a custom map and email it to you so you can load it. Make sense

Ahh i see what you mean ... sounds good think this is the way to go ...

Tell me this would HFC's and headers make a difference to the car ? Im worried about ti sounding to loud but suppose if you paired it with a subtle exhaust it might not be as bad ...

Want to squeeze every last bit out of it ... :)

Abbey are 1 of the 2 lice ced uprev tuners in the uk . If you book with them ( getting my self booked soon as I get paid ) they load uprev to your car then make a custom map for it but since you can't get there ypu can buy from uprev the the mappi

g software and cable to tune yourself ,using thecable in the kit and a pc abbey could then make you a custom map and email it to you so you can load it. Make sense

We can supply a Osiris kit, if your not going to tune yourself not worth going for the Tuner Uprev kit, but I would prefer to do the base tune on the dyno espec if your going to remove the Cats.

Then if your want anything else tuned I can do it via Email.

maybe if there was 2/3 cars to be tuned in Ireland it may be worth shipping me over to ireland