Any members in Glasgow region?? - Need some Help

Gizmo-R

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am having a coffee at my first service station stop off and I've barely made a dent on the mileage back home! :headhurt:

One the side note it was great to meet all you guys (and girl!) in the land of Scots! Zed initiation does not get any more welcoming than that!

Big thanks to Neil and Craig for inspecting the car and another shout for Craig karting me to my new Zed!

It was quite clean when I got to it! And to say I was gonna find my way to Kilsyth well...........jugding by today I could have some it up in 3 words if Craig didn't fetch me which was "Aint Gonna Happen" :lol:

Anyway, gonna finish off the coffee and continue with my long journey! :thumbs:

No problem mate! I would like to think if I was in a foreign land someone would volunteer to help me out. :thumbs:

Good luck with the rest of the trip - its a long drive. Plenty of wee breaks, coffee, window open for air and loud music. Maybe even a few red bulls ;)

Get some pics up tomorrow and show your new baby off!

Well I am back home in bed now!!

Journey wasn't as tiring as I thought. Zed is definitely a comfort cruiser with some good bumpf behind it!!

If I take away all the loo/break visits I had, I complete my return home is sub 6hrs with no heavy foot action! :p

Not bad me thinks! Now time to pass out for a bit!

Did you use much fuel mate? Just wondering as I have a trip to London soon and don't know whether to drive the car or tow it.

You'll be fine, I made it back from Wales on very little fuel, just cruise control all the way at 65mph and got a good 34mpg.

Dunno about you and your lead foot though :S

Did you use much fuel mate? Just wondering as I have a trip to London soon and don't know whether to drive the car or tow it.

I manage to hit 35mpg doing around 68-70mph. Had a full tank when leaving the sellers and I clocked up over 300miles and still have just under quarter of a tank left. Cost me £60 to fill up (but it did have some fuel left in it)

So you do the maths.... is it cheaper for you to fill car up and motor down to Abbey and put some mileage on car or pay to get it down on low loader

Why you call breakdown assisantance and say you car is conked and the garage it needs to go to for repairs is Abbey!! Thats half the roudn trip sorted for you!! :lol:

In October I went from aberdeen to Alton Towers on one tank and then filled up at moreton lodge before leaving, visited stan and lucy in Manchester and got caught in traffic then went to Aberdeen. One tank! :thumbs:

That was cruising at 75-80 indicated with cruise on so not the most economical way to drive.

I manage to hit 35mpg doing around 68-70mph. Had a full tank when leaving the sellers and I clocked up over 300miles and still have just under quarter of a tank left. Cost me £60 to fill up (but it did have some fuel left in it)

So you do the maths.... is it cheaper for you to fill car up and motor down to Abbey and put some mileage on car or pay to get it down on low loader

Why you call breakdown assisantance and say you car is conked and the garage it needs to go to for repairs is Abbey!! Thats half the roudn trip sorted for you!! :lol:

lol that's good, I've got a van and trailer but I would really like to drive it down. Have you been out playing in it today?

lol that's good, I've got a van and trailer but I would really like to drive it down. Have you been out playing in it today?

LOL No weather not great down here and I was kept awake by the stupid tweeting birds. So I got up to do some errands and then passed out again!

Well nearly had it a week and done a semi-detail on the car with the time I have..

Sooo....

This is what I had prior to the Zed:

DSC04351.jpg

DSC04344.jpg

DSC04345.jpg

DSC04346.jpg

and now I have this:

In the dirty state when I picked up:

4698934531_e660caeefa.jpg

4698934535_289bf2d92f.jpg

And Now after a quick clean and mini-detail:

4698934541_9a45f61287.jpg

4698934543_619ed0716a.jpg

4698934545_be7de7d4dd.jpg

4698934549_4852bdf9c0.jpg

4699579602_c997c55478.jpg

4699579606_e3f10ddc5f.jpg

4699579610_17147b959a.jpg

4699579612_43f79b5a93.jpg

I think the only people that will know the real state it was in is Neil and Craig!!!

ENJOY and thanks to all those that helped with the logistics and purchase! (Neil and Craig)

lol mate, told you it would look brilliant with a good clean!!! how are you enjoying it now?

Loving it thanks! Just installed a popcharger but not really noticed much difference in sound :lol:

I have discovered a few more paint issues since cleaning it but you kind of expect it being 2nd hand and not enthusiast owned

I have noticed that the top bit of the front window where is meets the roof there is a patch of bubbling :(

Do nissan have a limted period of paint warranty on the car or am I just gonn have to grin and bear it?!

im sure they have a long paint warranty martin.. ill have a look i think it might be 10 years

Well I just thought the place where it is bubbling cant be done by anything so surely it must have bubbled on its own accord! Stone chips and scrapes I understand but I dont see what outside influence bar weather conditions could have done that!

May get a pics of it up at some point

I thought paint warranty was 5 years but could be wrong! Looks alot cleaner anyway! Get those mud guards painted or off though!

Its 12 years corrosion warranty!

I had a look at taking those mud guards off and I think they are better on as where the mudguards meet the skirt the paintwork needs attantion cos of the rubbing!