air filters............

magic84

there was a guide a while back that i read on another forum, it was an independent test monitoring the filtration of different filters, and they also compared against stock paper.

this was done a fair few years ago, but the stock filter was not as good as the after market ones. and in particular the apexi filter maintained the same level of filtration as stock while also allowing more air through.

i'll now have to trawl several forums to try and find it to back up my statement. may have to wait a week or 2 until i find it as i've been members of a fair few :lol:

We believe you honest, do not worry about. :lol::lol:

My pop charger may take on some heat but it does sound nice.

Now the newer K&N I have is not so noisy but the car seems a tiny bit more eager.

Either way, happy days :thumbs::thumbs:

to be honest the only filters i would avoid are the steel mesh ones, they are cheap and rely on oil doing all the work.

race teams use aftermarket filtration for one reason only, it because it does a better job. other wise touring cars would just be running stock everything.

even amrk at abbey motorsport reccomends stock air box BUT with a cosworth drop in filter. and he has more knowledge than most when it comes to the performance of mods.

to be honest the only filters i would avoid are the steel mesh ones, they are cheap and rely on oil doing all the work.

race teams use aftermarket filtration for one reason only, it because it does a better job. other wise touring cars would just be running stock everything.

even amrk at abbey motorsport reccomends stock air box BUT with a cosworth drop in filter. and he has more knowledge than most when it comes to the performance of mods.

that is true...