Tyre advice needed

jimgallaher

Got my 350Z last Tuesday, got Bridgestones RE040's on front and some mickey mouse tyres I've never heard of on rears Autogrip F106 225 45 18. Car seems fine on dry roads, but as I've said in previous posts, on wet roads I have had a few scares, with the car seeming to "crab" across the road on corners. I've looked at tyre reviews and I can get a reasonably good on Avon ZZ3's on Blackcircles. I think its imperative to get rid of the no names on rear, and get 245's as well on rear. Anyone have any opinions on the Avons ? I've just spent a lot of money buying my zed, so I want to try and keep the expenditure on tyres to a reasonable level, without compromising on performance/safety, oh yeah and enjoyment. The car is awesome, but I dont feel confident driving with the tyre combo I have at the moment.

Cheers

Bin them all, get the Ultrac Sessantas or Pilot Sport 2s. You've spent good money on the car, don't scrimp on the tyres now, they're the most important part of the drive.

Also don't drive it with those small tyres on the back, you're asking for trouble if you do.

Do a search - 'best tyres' in the 'tyre's section ;)

Falkens/Toyos/Vred Sesstanas are popular choices at reasonable prices - and you should really have the same of all 4 corners to be sure you can get the best from the car, in safety :thumbs:

Used Avon for the bike and would not rate them in the wet at all, and bike types should be softer then cage ones so not sure how they really fare...what Avon did you use?

Avon are not too bad, at first I was a bit concern on them because it's a name that I never heard of but they got me trough the winter with no problems

H