New front discs and pads needed

Ruddles

Hi guys, I am in dire straits at the moment! I've just been told the fitting labout cost for a 5hr lowering spring change is possibly going to cost me somewhere near £150 :dry: and also the garage stockist doesn't have the Zed on file...which is great "we don't ever get these in so we don't stock them"!

Question is, I'm in need of 2 new front discs and pads! I'm after the basic setup I have which is Brembo GT pack 03 car, how much extra cost are grooved discs and which pads would I really need, not looking to go overboard on costs here, but obviously not after any rubbish! Redstuff I would be guessing? But I'm in need of some help from the experts here!

Thanks!! :)

Some new EBC turbo grooved discs at the front are about £200 and a good match is the Ferodo Ds2500 pads which for the fron I imagine are aroun the £100 mark.

Got mine off CS who always has delivered promptly for me. Hope this helps.... :thumbs:

finding some different values here... 24 standard and 22 time to swap... think you need to look at the rotors/discs themselves to find out for sure.

Yep actually 24 is the limit as they come 30mm new :thumbs:

The traders here will sort you out cheaper than anywhere. you can keep you cost down by going for oem style non grooved rotors and redstuff which may be the cheapest decent combo for tyhe zed.

But you can actually do all these you sell and save yourself the labour cost ;) Its not too hard and if you have basic tools and some good mates it will be a few hours all sorted :thumbs:

finding some different values here... 24 standard and 22 time to swap... think you need to look at the rotors/discs themselves to find out for sure.

The traders here will sort you out cheaper than anywhere. you can keep you cost down by going for oem style non grooved rotors and redstuff which may be the cheapest decent combo for tyhe zed.

But you can actually do all these you sell and save yourself the labour cost ;) Its not too hard and if you have basic tools and some good mates it will be a few hours all sorted :thumbs:

Thanks for all the feedback guys! Great to have people who know what they're talking about helping out! :thumbs:

So there's quite some price increase from OEM to grooved then?

Yeah I was thinking that in all honesty! Whilst the Zed was 'meant' to be getting done last weekend (that didn't happen) I was installing grooved discs and redstuff pads on an EP82 Starlet, pretty simple and quite fun for a change! :teeth:

Thanks for all the feedback guys! Great to have people who know what they're talking about helping out! :thumbs:

see this EBC link for comparison but bare in mind that the traders will do better than this prices.

http://www.ebcbrakesdirect.com/car/part ... 2003%2D%29

http://www.ebcbrakesdirect.com/car/part ... 2003%2D%29

Yeah I was thinking that in all honesty! Whilst the Zed was 'meant' to be getting done last weekend (that didn't happen) I was installing grooved discs and redstuff pads on an EP82 Starlet, pretty simple and quite fun for a change! :teeth:

You should do it then man ;) just get a cheap hydraulic jack and axle stand set from halfords and a cheap tool kit and you are sorted. you should do the springs at once if you are taking the wheel to do the brakes ;)

yep An invite over for a BBQ and beers will do the trick with me...... where are you abouts?

go for yellowstuff it's better and not much differnce in price...

Woops! Missed this thread for a while how did that happen! :wacko:

@MWTech: I've sorted some out with Zmanalex who's done me a pretty good deal on a Brembo/Ferodo package. Thank you for offering though! :thumbs:

@andlid: Thanks for the info mate! Gonna go with Ferodo as been told they tend to work better than yellowstuff :D

@GT4 Zed: Hehe, I would, but where' the weather gone!! :scare: I've manage to pry my friend away from his project currently and he's going to fit all parts in a day, all I have do is provide him with tea throughout the day! :lol: Next time this summer I have something to fit though....BBQ and beers! :thumbs:

Many thanks to all of you :#1: , still learning so It's good to hear a wealth of knowledge!