Maybe heads up on a leased car

Demolition49

He may well be straight as there are probably a lot of unusual situations thrown up by the Icelandic bank crashes. However, I wouldn't go ahead without seeing confirmation in writing from the bank that the finance has been cleared. Personally, unless this car was absolutely perfect for you I'd walk away now and look for another which doesn't have any ownership issues.

This car is perfect for me but im still walking away! Hes trying to get out of anything to do with finance and fails to reply after ive asked him for paperwork on several occations! He will answer the other questions but not the finance stuff.

I think your being a bit harsh. I wouldnt give out details of my finance arragements to someone who had not even been to see the car.......

No way am i being harsh, it cant affect him in any way, the company for a start wont hand over any details of the vehicle or his debts, thats private information, but what might happen is when i call up they say, hes not meant to sell the car he owes us money etc, and basically let me know if its ok to buy it or not.

Hes avoided every question i asked him and wont even name the company he took the leasing argreement out with .... first he didnt know it... not he tells me he doesnt want to give me it! Then it may jepodize the "great" deal he has with the company .... WTF is that about hes going to pay it off anyway if hes selling it? Its all excuses and no proof.... he continually avoided my questions about proof of finance and paperwork. Not worth my time. Hes acting really suspect and when hes cleared off the finance ill speak to him othrwise f**k that!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He may well be straight as there are probably a lot of unusual situations thrown up by the Icelandic bank crashes. However, I wouldn't go ahead without seeing confirmation in writing from the bank that the finance has been cleared. Personally, unless this car was absolutely perfect for you I'd walk away now and look for another which doesn't have any ownership issues.

This car is perfect for me but im still walking away! Hes trying to get out of anything to do with finance and fails to reply after ive asked him for paperwork on several occations! He will answer the other questions but not the finance stuff.

I think your being a bit harsh. I wouldnt give out details of my finance arragements to someone who had not even been to see the car.......

No way am i being harsh, it cant affect him in any way, the company for a start wont hand over any details of the vehicle or his debts, thats private information, but what might happen is when i call up they say, hes not meant to sell the car he owes us money etc, and basically let me know if its ok to buy it or not.

Hes avoided every question i asked him and wont even name the company he took the leasing argreement out with .... first he didnt know it... not he tells me he doesnt want to give me it! Then it may jepodize the "great" deal he has with the company .... WTF is that about hes going to pay it off anyway if hes selling it? Its all excuses and no proof.... he continually avoided my questions about proof of finance and paperwork. Not worth my time. Hes acting really suspect and when hes cleared off the finance ill speak to him othrwise f**k that!

Wow! Chill mate. :surrender:

If you feel so strongly about it all I think you should probably have walked away after your first e-mail exchange. Put it behind you and move on.

Now breathe.....

Wow! Chill mate. :surrender:

If you feel so strongly about it all I think you should probably have walked away after your first e-mail exchange. Put it behind you and move on.

Now breathe.....

Ok im chilled :D no offence to anybody he just peed me off with all the excitement and effort i put in to looking at it and money spent and now im carless... sold my car yesterday...

Simple solution here; don't buy it if it concerns you that much, rather than throwing a hissy fit on here.

I'd be pretty offended if I was Damon, and it's not great that you've already named and shamed despite not having any concrete evidence of unscrupulous behavior from the seller.

Simple solution here; don't buy it if it concerns you that much, rather than throwing a hissy fit on here.

I'd be pretty offended if I was Damon, and it's not great that you've already named and shamed despite not having any concrete evidence of unscrupulous behavior from the seller.

The fact he avoids any questions about money owed on the car is pretty suspect? after speaking to my financial controller he informs me there is no reason why he shouldnt atleast give me the name of the leasing agent. It may well be genuine but I find the whole way he is going about it a little worrying! Anyway end of, it could well be a bargain but seems like alot of hassle. So yeah just a heads up for anybody going to look at it or is interested.

Ok im chilled :D no offence to anybody he just peed me off with all the excitement and effort i put in to looking at it and money spent and now im carless... sold my car yesterday...

I don't really see what huge amount effort you've put in seeing as you haven't even been to see the car. Take a chill pill dude, plenty of other Zeds around.

I don't really see what huge amount effort you've put in seeing as you haven't even been to see the car. Take a chill pill dude, plenty of other Zeds around.

+1 He's put no effort in bar sending a few emails before viewing the car and then slandering the guy as a con artist.

+1 He's put no effort in bar sending a few emails before viewing the car and then slandering the guy as a con artist.

he might be though...

Yes he may be, but so could any seller.

Its not unreasonable to not want to disclose personal finance details to someone who hasn't even been to see the car...

If the seller asked for your bank details before you viewed the car, would you give them to him?

Sarnie,

not a few e-mails... 21 to be correct... i just am giving you a summary, anyway i never said hes a con artist... just be careful is what i meant, yes i probably did go overboard but better to vent my fustration here that on anybody else?

Ive been advised after showing the e-mail's to several people not to take this any furthur without him clearing up the cituation with money owed on the vehicle, why view a car when there is all this crap to be sorted out? Waste of a 2 hour journey for me. If he wants me or anybody to buy the vehicle he would be simple and up front about it, or make an arrangement where i pay the debt off and the rest of the money is for him(to do this i would need to contact the leasing company anyway), we then sign over the car. He refuses to allow me to speak to finance company and avoids all questions about it. Now i dont care what you say but to me or anybody with half a brian that is a little bit :scare: specially with the elabourate and slightly inaccurate story he gave me as soon as i asked for the reg to check it. (not saying this story isnt true - but you dont just pay for the depreciation on a leasing agreement as far as i am aware.)

Yes he may be, but so could any seller.

Its not unreasonable to not want to disclose personal finance details to someone who hasn't even been to see the car...

If the seller asked for your bank details before you viewed the car, would you give them to him?

B) I'd say it's paid in full and feck off...

Sarnie,

not a few e-mails... 21 to be correct... i just am giving you a summary, anyway i never said hes a con artist... just be careful is what i meant, yes i probably did go overboard but better to vent my fustration here that on anybody else?

Ive been advised after showing the e-mail's to several people not to take this any furthur without him clearing up the cituation with money owed on the vehicle, why view a car when there is all this crap to be sorted out? Waste of a 2 hour journey for me. If he wants me or anybody to buy the vehicle he would be simple and up front about it, or make an arrangement where i pay the debt off and the rest of the money is for him(to do this i would need to contact the leasing company anyway), we then sign over the car. He refuses to allow me to speak to finance company and avoids all questions about it. Now i dont care what you say but to me or anybody with half a brian that is a little bit :scare: specially with the elabourate and slightly inaccurate story he gave me as soon as i asked for the reg to check it. (not saying this story isnt true - but you dont just pay for the depreciation on a leasing agreement as far as i am aware.)

yeah just walk away, get another one... :dance:

your not getting it I didnt ask for his bank details or the amount owed on the vehicle! I purely want to check with the leasing company nothing dodgy is going on here.... data protection wont allow them to give me any personal information anyway! There is nothing wrong with me checking out if this car is legit to buy/sell.

If a sort code and account number could be used to commit fraud the every person you write a cheque to would be able to fleece you! So yeah there isnt even much to worry about even if i asked him for that!

your not getting it I didnt ask for his bank details or the amount owed on the vehicle! I purely want to check with the leasing company nothing dodgy is going on here.... data protection wont allow them to give me any personal information anyway! There is nothing wrong with me checking out if this car is legit to buy/sell.

If a sort code and account number could be used to commit fraud the every person you write a cheque to would be able to fleece you! So yeah there isnt even much to worry about even if i asked him for that!

As everyone else has said, just walk away from this one and find yourself a better one in the for sale section on here - at least you know you should be able to trust most of us :teeth:

Oh and FYI anybody telling me its unreasonable asking for the name of the finance company.... asking for the finance details is not somthing unacceptable because when doing an HPI if the vehicle has recorded finance againt it they provide you with the name of the fiance provider and ref no for the policy that is held out on it and even the date it was taken out... so me asking him for details and ref no is perfectly reasonable because this information an HPI would bring up to let you know who to contact regarding the issue of outstanding finance on the vehicle... without even speak to the person.

Ok mate you know best :bang:

Yes i know best, your wrong, the HPI gives you the following information:

Recorded against: VRM

Description:NSSIAN 350Z 35 03 349

Date: **/**/****

Finance house:***********

Finance house telephone: *************

Agreement reference:********

Agreement type: Hire Purchase

I never said it didn't give you that info did I??? :wacko:

:lol: dont mind Sarnie, he's just jelaous that you're getting a Z... you knew he doesn't have one don't you? :p

:lol: