removing door handles

Shaun1982

Lol thanks peeps. I'm thinkin of havin them done at work if they will let me. If gettin them out can be done within 20mins then I can prep them in a couple of mins. It will be puttin it back together that will be hard before I leave.

Can I get in if I leave a window down to get the interior handle?

Hmm i might have to risk it for a biscuit then as im using the car today,if i can still get in then im not too fussed ill drive home without them then get dad to put them in,he does that kind of thing at work you see. were on opposite shifts or id iof got him to put them back in at work too :lol:

Removing them is easy, remove grommits, undo 2 bolts passenger side 3 drivers side (handle is also attached to the manual lock).

putting them back in, passenger is easy just slot the metal bar in and bobs your uncle. drivers side slot the metal bit back in, and give the interior handle a tug and it'll slide all the way in much easyer, then just do up the bolts.

as for locking with them off, it'll close and lock, then just canny a screwdriver with you, unlock as you normaly would, then to open the door just use your screwdriver to push the blue bit inside the door down and pull it open :D sorted!

Cheers mate. I did them today lol. I have a question though,I've seen a few people now say three bolts drivers side, I had two just like the passenger side. Or dies that include removing the lock

I've got a picture of one of mine in another thread & ill put the fitted pics up when I've got them off my phone shortly