X or H pipe?

evilscorp

H or X pipe?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. H or X pipe?

• 1. H pipe
    • 2. X pipe

X pipe works best on the 370z, but theres not a lot in it. If a custom exhaust place is making it, I would go so far to say it doesnt matter which one you pick as they wont be doing any testing to get the right amount of cross flow, so neither will be optimized for the application. Just go for an X :thumbs:

Looks like I'm wrong, I thought an X pipe didnt join but apparently they do

Copied and pasted from elsewhere:

With an H-Pipe high and low pressure pulses from the left bank will combine and become friendly with the other bank. The low pressure pulses on one bank draw high-pressure pulses from the other, called quasi-static scavenging. Makes more torque (than no crossover pipe at all), and smooths things out acoustically.

The X-Pipe though, does exactly what the H-Pipe does but better, different. Instead of letting pressure pulses go back and forth across the H the x-pipe makes sure the gasses from each bank ALL get very intimate together causing dynamic scavenging.. Thats why it sounds so different. Its smoother too, since the energy from bank-to-bank pressure fluctuations are used more effectively to scavenge the gasses. Less wasted energy means less sound, but more power.

Readers digest:

For deeper exhaust tone, sound -- H Pipe

For performance -- X Pipe

or for that v8 like rumble no merging at all !

i run mine with no cross over, its straight all the way from manifold to tip.

i think because mine has a silencer in each pipe its not that loud. but i could always have them removed.

but at the moment its a very drivable car, and the exhaust isn''t intrusive, and i get the loudness when i give it full beans.

makes for pleasant long journeys.