dodgy buyer on ebay maybe

350 Russ

ive just sold my broken iphone on ebay for 180, and the buyer whos name is flavio and is brazilian by origin now lives in london and says can i send it recorded delivery as his last 5 parcels have been stolen. Alarm bells started ringing then. if this is a scam once someone has signed for it, if he says that it wasnt him will the recorded insurance still pay out? this sounds a bit dodgy to me!

I'd be more worried if it wasn't sent recorded. Tell him if he's that worried to cough up a little more and send it special delivery.

agreed, if anything recorded is better than NOT recorded i would say. more likely he is unlucky enough to live near a 5 finger discount type postal worker.

im going to be sending it recorded whatever happens, but will the insurance still pay out if there is a signature saying they delivered it but he then says 'it wasnt me that signed i want my money back', then paypal gives him the money back? sounds a bit funny to me

maybe, but then why bother insisting on recorded delivery.

he could just claim it never arrived and claim his money back that way?

seems an unnecessary step in the "con" to me**

**mind you i just found out that my car i have owned for the last 3 years may be a cat C write off from before i bought it so maybe i am too trusting!

recorded doesn;t get a signature once it's been delivered does it - thats just special delivery. I think that all recorded did was give you a receiopt at the post office to say you sent 'something' to his address. not worth the paper it's printed on IMO

recorded doesn;t get a signature once it's been delivered does it - thats just special delivery. I think that all recorded did was give you a receiopt at the post office to say you sent 'something' to his address. not worth the paper it's printed on IMO

Nope, recorded is signature, and insured up to £32. Special Delivery is insured up to £500 and is next day.

Get down to the post office and see what they say. Legally, if someone at the address signs for it, they will class it as being delivered and their end of the deal is done.

Whats the buyers feedback like? If its crap can you not pull out and relist it?

Recored is supposed to be signed for. However, half the time the posties just post it through the door as they can't be arsed getting a sig. I know as this happened to me last week on something I received from CS.

Defo pay the 5 sheets and send ot Special Delivery.

Failing that, why not deliver if he is close by?

Just keep all receipts that post office give you, cos if paypal question that you have sent a package, you can prove it.

Also paypal can only issue a refund to the person claiming against you IF and only IF there are funds in your paypal account.......

My suggestion, empty your paypal account and remove ALL your bank/card details. I had some eastern european hack my paypal and run a debt on my card for 2.5K even before

paypal questioned unusual activity!!! Thats security for you. Luckly the card issuer repaid my losses.