Blinking idiots!!!!

(trying not to swear)

It seems (i bloody well hope so anyway) that, who ever it is, insurance company or DVLA wrote off my NEW fiat coupe by mistake instead of my old yellow one!.

just had a phone call from the garage taking my car as trade in saying we do not deal with write offs and was pretty miffed i did not tell him about it.

i am sure i did a HPI check on the car (but no idea how i prove that now) and it was clear, so i stood my ground.

so he dissappeared for 20 mins, phoned me back and said it MAY be that they got the wrong car written off.

looking at the car history, my red coupe which was written off in august 07 magically transforms into a yellow fiat coupe when you look further back, so it seems, they were so slow updating their records, that by the time they came around to writing off the car, my new cherished plate was on the new car and they wrote the wrong car off.

AGH!

luckily the trader has said it should be cleared up tomorrow, and in the mean time he will hold onto the 350z for me whilst it is sorted

hopefully it will all be put straight tomorrow, so a nervous night tonight.

otherwise i was royally ripped off when i bought my car and i will struggle selling it :(.

Ouch... scary. How long have you had your new fiat coupe?

just looked for the recipt and found it but there is no date on it.

car was written off on the 24th of Aug 2007

i purchased it myself on like the 1st or there abouts of september 2007

Ouch... scary. How long have you had your new fiat coupe?

just looked for the recipt and found it but there is no date on it.

car was written off on the 24th of Aug 2007

i purchased it myself on like the 1st or there abouts of september 2007

if it was a write off it would be unlikely to do all the repairs in 7 days. although not impossible

I know, the problem is whether the garage can be bothered with the faff of waiting to get it straightened out.

if it is a few days to get sorted no problem, but my experience with these sort of things is that the wheels of the dvla or who ever it is seems to turn very slooooowly.

if it cant be sorted in a day or so i would not blame the garage for just thinking sod it and moving on.

my insurance is due on the 21st of this month, and i do not want to have to insure it again.

fingers crossed