iPad- The Brits Get F&*ked again!

James B

I'm seething! As a technophile I've been really looking forward to the upcoming release of the iPad. Captured by promises of a low price point that made it an accessible device.

I wake up this morning and, like many others, checked the UK release price to find the lowest model 33% and a clear £100 more expensive over here than in the states! I mean WTF?!?! :rant:

So despite wanting one badly, for the time being I say " Steve Jobs, take ur miracle device and stick it up your iArse!!" :boxing:

Your missing out then, got myself one on Saturday from a guy in Glasgow who's Dad bought two in Chicago when he was stuck in the States due to the Ash cloud and it's absolutely fantastic...

I haven't even bothered doing what everyone else is doing and created a US itunes account, I can still buy and download apps for the ipad on the uk store, you just can't do it directly on the ipad until the uk ipad itunes store opens...

Not stopped playing with it...

Web browsing on it is so crisp and clear, it's an absolute joy browsing the web with this baby.

Only problem so far is BBC iplayer, it won't allow you to use the mobile section as it recognises the ipad as a computer....

Apparently it was working a week or two ago and BBC took away the facility for ipad users until it's released in the UK!!!!

I'm seething! As a technophile I've been really looking forward to the upcoming release of the iPad. Captured by promises of a low price point that made it an accessible device.

I wake up this morning and, like many others, checked the UK release price to find the lowest model 33% and a clear £100 more expensive over here than in the states! I mean WTF?!?! :rant:

So despite wanting one badly, for the time being I say " Steve Jobs, take ur miracle device and stick it up your iArse!!" :boxing:

:lol::lol: too right

It is not as bad a difference as it looks according to the BBC news

Part of the difference in price is due to British VAT and US sales tax. The same model before tax costs £37 ($55) more in the UK.

Still sucks though :boxing::boxing:

It is not as bad a diffeence as it looks according to the BBC news

Part of the difference in price is due to British VAT and US sales tax. The same model before tax costs £37 ($55) more in the UK.

Exactly, usually when items like this come out in the States we pay the same value in pounds as they do in dollars so we are getting a far better deal than usual.

I bought the missus an iphone on pay as you go for her birthday and cost roughly £450 from Orange. Now you can get the 32GB ipad for a few quid more.....

It is not as bad a diffeence as it looks according to the BBC news

Exactly, usually when items like this come out in the States we pay the same value in pounds as they do in dollars so we are getting a far better deal than usual.

I bought the missus an iphone on pay as you go for her birthday and cost roughly £450 from Orange. Now you can get the 32GB ipad for a few quid more.....

holy crap,

all my missus got was some garage flowers and a hug! after that i told her my other present was to see my smile when dinner was put in front of me!

(awaits the backlash)

holy crap,

all my missus got was some garage flowers and a hug! after that i told her my other present was to see my smile when dinner was put in front of me!

(awaits the backlash)

Yes, but I am away just about every weekend playing in various pool tournaments so when it comes to things like this I like to try and make up for it a little bit.

In other words, a big sook. :console:

Is'nt it just a glorified Iphone for people with fat fingers and bad eyesight (Ideal for me then! ) :blush::lol:

They always do this differencial pricing lark - its such a con - you need to get them from a country with really high tax ! (erm like here! :bang: )

Although Im not in the least bit bothered about getting one, I too noticed that the price was inflated in the UK. If it had been around the same level as the US price I may have considered buying one just as a "nice to have" gadget, at the current price though I think you have to have a specific need in order to buy one.

holy crap,

(awaits the backlash)

Yes, but I am away just about every weekend playing in various pool tournaments so when it comes to things like this I like to try and make up for it a little bit.

In other words, a big sook. :console:

I'll need to meet up with you mate, an show you how its done! Pool I mean, not sooking :p

As long as it's for dough :lol:

Perhaps not so fair though since I'm just back from Bridlington where I played with the Scotland team which won the European Masters at 8 ball pool.....

Screw that then! Haha, I was just joking anyway, I have a pool table in the spare room, but I'm nothing special. Where about's do you play? Sports cafe etc? I hear they have regular tournaments! 9 balls my fav :) I rely on the luck :p