finally bought a new car...not a z...a z4M coupe

gonadthegolf

Its a shame that the Z4M has been churned out using the old M3 engine and not the new 400bhp one. If only you could get you Z to 400 BHP. ....

Sh;t you can and for less that 43K

And I can comment as I sold my M3 E46 to by a Z

Of course you can get it to 400 bhp, and for less than £43k, I agree. And that's another reason why the Zed will go down as a classic and the Z4 as an anomaly!!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whilst you might be able to FI a zed for less than 43k (thats true) the reliability WARRANTY and retained value in the current z4 m coupe would hold its value better. Im sorry but its true. Plus purely from a handling side I know that at least the z4 m is capable out of the box where as I would not get away with FI'ing the zed without needing to uprate its internals improve its suspension and running the risk of not having a warranty. In truth, they are, as new, untouched, different beasts at different price ranges and I for one think the build on the BMW will last longer and hold its value better (over 3 yrs at least) than the zed. Also as a zed owner I can honestly say I was quicker in the BMW than in the Zed :( sickening I know but thats just plain facts. The Brakes arent that great though

Trust me, if you spec the Z4M to the same level as your 350Z GT it'll be a lot more than £43k. :dry:

However, looks are subjective and whilst I wouldn't expect anyone on a 350Z owners site not to like the looks of their own car, plenty here won't like the Z4. Conversely on a Z4 forum (if there was one) the tables would be turned.

As for performance, I don't think that comparing a modded car to an M-Sport developed production model is like for like. Several of those with heavily modded Zed's have recently posted to the effect that anyone seriously increasing their Zed's performance takes their chances....

Just me two penneth.... :)

Trust me, if you spec the Z4M to the same level as your 350Z GT it'll be a lot more than £43k. :dry:

However, looks are subjective and whilst I wouldn't expect anyone on a 350Z owners site not to like the looks of their own car, plenty here won't like the Z4. Conversely on a Z4 forum (if there was one) the tables would be turned.

As for performance, I don't think that comparing a modded car to an M-Sport developed production model is like for like. Several of those with heavily modded Zed's have recently posted to the effect that anyone seriously increasing their Zed's performance takes their chances....

I really like it :teeth:

I've got a test drive booked next week :scare:

don't think they do em in custard :blush:

don't think they do em in custard :blush:

Thats ok mate, back to black me thinks :ninja:

I was at Sytner in Solihull today booking a test drive of one of these. They offered me £19k for my zed :lol:

did you shake them warmly by the throat? B)

Told him to go jump.

Should be able to get miles more private :ninja:

Yep I'll give you £19.5k for it :)

I fancied oneo of these but decided a big coupe suited my needs more. I also think it's a good looking car and better than the convertible, but that's as always a personal thing.

I read the comparison report, which isn't really fair as to me the Zed is in a different price bracket etc. Understandable the BMW and Porker beat the Zed on perfromance which is the most important category for this type of car. Who cares about tax and fuel economy. Not sure I agree with the residuals. In the short term the Zed is holding value well, but as soon as Nissan decide to face lift in a major way, the Zed will depreciate badly. Forunately the MY06 was only a mild change.

As for the dealers, whatever you have to pay for a Nissan service is just a waste of money IMHO, as most are useless.. :wacko: