Tyre problems

ben p

Hi guys, I picked my 06 350z coupe up from a main dealer on thursday, now one of the conditions of the sale was I wanted the rear tryes changing as they where getting pritty grim. On closer inspection I noticed that the tyres they replaced the old bridgestones with are federal super steels and there absolutley awful, and if that wasn't bad enough i've now noticed that the front tyres have cracks running right round. So as it stands I've owned the car for 4 days and need 4 new tyres!!!!!

I'm going to express my anger tomorrow! Surely if you take your car to a nissan dealer to have the tyres changed they would change them for the factory tryes that are supposed to be fitted to the car! I'm going to push them for at least 2 new tyres. The federal tyres are ridiculous in the wet to the point where there just dam right dangerous, I mean I was coasting round a corner in the wet over the weekend at 40mph and the back end was all over the place.

should have specified what tyres to put on

check out cmaksills full set of vredesteins will set you back just over £400

If that was supposed to say camskill, lol, I've used them before very good value, I was thinking Falken 452's though.

If that was supposed to say camskill, lol, I've used them before very good value, I was thinking Falken 452's though.

rt will now go into overdrive re the vredesteins .......

falkens are a good brand too not as expensive as the vreds but will do an eefective job at keeping you on the road.

my personal prefererence of course is the vreds ;) they are a better tyre all together

falkens are a good brand too not as expensive as the vreds but will do an eefective job at keeping you on the road.

my personal prefererence of course is the vreds ;) they are a better tyre all together

Very sexy looking to I might add, anybody else have any preferences?

I have sessantas on my Rays and Falken452s on order for my 20" set (as they don't do sessants in the correct profiles) - I'd get the Falkens if your budget isn't up to getting sessantas :thumbs:

thats exactly my sentiments,

if i couldn't get sessantas then i'd get the falkens.

difference is about £50 between the 2 full sets i think. so not massive.

others like the toyo's

top budget preference is mps2's

back to my original post, do the tyres actually need replacing if they have cracks in them? its basically one continuous crack that runs right round the tyre by the thread indicator.

back to my original post, do the tyres actually need replacing if they have cracks in them? its basically one continuous crack that runs right round the tyre by the thread indicator.

general rule is 3 years or when the tyre is down to 1.3 mm tread

can run for longer, but its personal choice after that.

well the cars 4 years old with 22000 miles, how long roughly do the front tyres normally last? they still have a decent amount of tread left so i very much doubt they are the original set from new.

well the cars 4 years old with 22000 miles, how long roughly do the front tyres normally last? they still have a decent amount of tread left so i very much doubt they are the original set from new.

I doubt they are the originals