Fault code diagnostic help

CMR

Hi all,

Had my 350Z a month or so now but mainly just lurk on here.. don't know enough about the technical side of the cars yet to post much!

Well, on friday morning I went to start the car and when firing it didn't sound its usual self, and it started but died instantly. Restarted it and it was fine, but it logged a fault and the ECU light stayed on.

I've done the reset procedure just to see what the fault is before I take it to Nissan to have whatever fixed (I have extended warranty on the car.. but I wanted an idea of whether it was serious or not i.e accelerator sensor vs engine running lean!)

But I can't work out what the fault is. I've uploaded a video of what was flashing on youtube, see the link below.. It appeared to be flashing 1 3 5 2, then it went to 10 10 10 slow 10 which I guess is 000 and no fault so its cleared.

Does anyone have any ideas maybe i'm reading the flashes in the wrong order?, heres the video.

Thanks alot, much appreciated.

Can't give any help on that I'm afraid but I'm sure the technical guys will be along

in the meantime I don't think you've been officially welcomed to the forum yet so

here you go

:welcome:

:welcome:

Start a thread in the Introductions and Welcome section,all will then say hello.

You will also be told :worthless:

As we all like pics on here. The techy guys will be along to help.

this should help with the codes

http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/OBD-II_C ... gine_Codes) (when you click on the link you'll need to add the ) back on to the end of the web address, for some reason it drops it when you click on it)

i think your code is actually 2135 throttle position sensor

there is a reset process for that too, have a search on the forum ;)

check out your link tho'

it don't work mate ! :thumbdown:

You have reached a page that does not exist!

looks like you need to add the ) back on to the end of the web address in the address tool bar. seems to drop it for some reason when you link across

Ah right, I was just searching for 1352 hence why I was probably getting no results.

Throttle position sensor.. doesn't sound too serious, is it a common fault for the light to come on with?

I'l have a look for the reset for it, cheers

Ah right, I was just searching for 1352 hence why I was probably getting no results.

Throttle position sensor.. doesn't sound too serious, is it a common fault for the light to come on with?

I'l have a look for the reset for it, cheers

had it on mine, did the resets, never come back.

have you fitted anything in the engine bay recently? sometimes that triggers it.