Driving Licence

Demolition49

Right so a friend of mine recently got his Driving Licence back after a 6 month totting up ban and revocation.

He got his licence revoked because he got over 6 points something like after 1 year and 10 or 11 months... so basically just before the probationary period if you like.

My understanding is when you get a totting up ban the points contributing to the ban are wiped and you start of again with a TT99 code on your licence.

He told me he still has 3 points though which are as follows

SP30 - 3 points - 11.12.07 (these contributed to his TT99)

So why is it only those points are still on his licence and the rest of the points have been wiped?! Very strange? An error by DVLA or what?

Im pretty sure they should be wiped?

i thought if you got 6 points in 1st year of driving you lost your license had to retake etc... but then you still are left with 3 points just as a bigger punishment and hence you can only get 3 points in that year of driving before you are banned again...

Mine was Martinmacs fault! If i hadn't stayed with him and liz for a weekend i wouldn't have got the points on my way home! :lol: First EVER as well! It was a van sat at the point a 40mph changed to 30mph and they got me before I slowed down.........

I thought I got caught with one of the speed cameras in London on the m6. There's millions of variable speed ones, I went through a 50 at about 55, didn't see it flash and didn't realise the speed had changed. Not heard anything yet, so here's hoping.

I thought I got caught with one of the speed cameras in London on the m6. There's millions of variable speed ones, I went through a 50 at about 55, didn't see it flash and didn't realise the speed had changed. Not heard anything yet, so here's hoping.

You can tell you're a foreigner as you think the M6 is in london :lol::lol::lol:

You can tell you're a foreigner as you think the M6 is in london :lol::lol::lol:

Sorry my bad I knew it wasn't m6 I was trying to think of the roads and went Into auto pilot with the text. It's the motorway heading out of Surrey headin towards Birmingham

Guys, the probationary period is 2 years with a max of 6 points, that i know for sure.

He was both Banned for 6 months because he accumulated over 12 points and revoked because his licence was under 2 years. This means he will get a TT99 code on his licence which means all points which added up to the ban should be wiped and now the endorsement on his licence will be the TT99.

My question is why is there only one SP30 from 2007 when all the other of points were removed because of the TT99.