possible future 350z owner...

Hi

i currently own a fiat coupe 20VT+, which is my 2nd coupe, the 1st one which was a rock solid

reliable yellow 1998 20VT which i got in 2003 but crashed in 07 (oops), and now a burgundy plus which

has been.... well lets say not so reliable.

I WAS saving up for a cerbera however if there is 1 thing my recent car issues have shown me, is

i get way too stressed at an unreliable car to own a TVR, so i decided to go for something which

is still fairly quick, but maybe built a bit more solidly than a tea bag ;)

hence i am here. The 350Z is highly regarded by many on the coupe owners forum when i asked about em there........

I have been looking on pistonheads, and it seems all the cars in my price bracket are silver or

grey, and they just are not for me. (i already own a car i am not mad on the colour for so i

will not make that mistake again).

The colours i am looking for are either Azure blue, Black or yellow, but these seem to be more

expensive.... or is that my imagination?.

I know there will be a certain bias on this forum ;) but is there anything other than the

obvious i should look out for when buying (the fiat coupe is the cambelt change and a smoking

turbo mostly - and back in the day when the car was worth something the red key.)

I doubt i will post too much yet, just lurk around for a while and read up, but thought i should

say hello.

I hope to get 3.5k for my coupe when i fix the newest issue with it (turbo) and have 3.5k saved up, which leaves me realistically looking for another 3-4k to get maybe the car i would like - sadly i cant afford more.

cheers

M.

PS can a <50post member BUY from the classifieds and just not sell, or do you have to have >50

posts to do anything there?.

PPS I see imports go for a lot cheaper than UK cars generally....... Do they cost more to insure/repair (i have never bought an import before) . I know the spec can be different but i thought generally most we bought inline with UK spec on importing?

cheers again :)

:welcome: mate

Gun Metal and Blade do seem to be the most common colours by far, keep your eyes on PistonHeads and you'll see other colours pop up often enough.

The black and yellow ones you're seeing that seem more expensive could well be GT4s, limited edition versions. Also a lot of the silver ones are likely imports (seems an extremely popular colour in Japan) so will be cheaper than the UK cars.

Feel free to buy anything regardless of post count mate, the restrictions only apply to selling.

Hi and welcome to the forum. Check out the sticky post in the FAQ section for new members, some useful links in there. :)

The only reason for the post count for sellers is so the buyers can get a feel for the cars history so you can buy what you want.

There is a very nice roadster for sale on here at the moment if you can handle to jibes. ;)

Hi and welcome to the forum. Check out the sticky post in the FAQ section for new members, some useful links in there. :)

The only reason for the post count for sellers is so the buyers can get a feel for the cars history so you can buy what you want.

There is a very nice roadster for sale on here at the moment if you can handle to jibes. ;)

thanks for the info.... i will be after a hardtop. Love a soft top with the roof down, but not a huge fan with it up, and in this country..........................