theft!

350 Russ

ive just been looking into how much will my insurance cost next year, i was hoping for a nice surprise and drop below the 1000 mark but how wrong could i be!! im 24 live in rickmansworth and have 6 years ncb, my premuim this year on my 03 jdm is 1200 which i thought wasnt too bad but ive just been looking and they want for my next years insurance 2174!!!!!!!!! thats with admiral and that is the cheapest i found on all the comparison sites! i tried to be naughty and not declare any mods and no use only dropped to 2038.

if i cant find a cheaper insurance premium before september i will definatly be selling the zed! its just not worth it with the petrol prices going through the roof aswell :thumbdown:

What is their justification for the increase? Wouldn't bother with the comparison sites. Various insurers recommended on here mate - Bell, Chris Knott, Adrian Flux to name a few. Call direct for the best deal - any them should be mod friendly too. Hope this helps. :)

is that what it said on your actual renewal? Maybe if you phone them it will be different.

my renewal isnt until september but i was a bit bored earlier and put all my details in as they will be in sep just to see what i would get, i wish i hadnt now :headhurt:

I've heard of this happening elsewhere. :thumbdown:

One of the girls at work had her insurance renewal through and it had doubled. When she asked why, aparently there has been an increase across the board due to all the accidents in the bad weather.

Added to that the steady increase in uninsured drivers means the normal law abiding ones end up paying.

She kicked off, after some negotiation they dropped it a lot, but not all the way. :angry:

Defenetly call them 2/3 weeks before the insure expire but only after you done your homeworks calling other companies.

I live 5 min drive from you got 5 years NCB the only main difference it that I'm 28 and my last/first insurance for the Zed was £800 with direct line (same as you no mods and low milage declared)

is that what it said on your actual renewal? Maybe if you phone them it will be different.

my renewal isnt until september but i was a bit bored earlier and put all my details in as they will be in sep just to see what i would get, i wish i hadnt now :headhurt:

Wait to see what your renewal says ;)

If it goes up, all it means is that your now in a section of their portfolio that effectively they don't want to cover anymore, so they hike up the renewals, then you go elsewhere. It could be down to postcode, occupation, car, age or anything else they deem to be risky.