Fuel Costs Europe

gazhull8474

going to greece and back late july in the zed... but i am not doing the maths...i lust dont want to know.... :nono:

as for the pound to euro thing 4 years ago it was £1 to 1.6 euro... if we had entered the euro.... :rant:

for the ones that are stuck in the head just keep looking at the queen's face on the 20 pound notes and pretend its 32 euros really... ;)

Come on mate enter the Euro?! It's a flawed currency and some economists see very little in terms of future for it. It's a good job we never entered it and for all I care they can keep it. As for the EU, there are no benefits for us, it's a joke.

going to greece and back late july in the zed... but i am not doing the maths...i lust dont want to know.... :nono:

as for the pound to euro thing 4 years ago it was £1 to 1.6 euro... if we had entered the euro.... :rant:

for the ones that are stuck in the head just keep looking at the queen's face on the 20 pound notes and pretend its 32 euros really... ;)

Come on mate enter the Euro?! It's a flawed currency and some economists see very little in terms of future for it. It's a good job we never entered it and for all I care they can keep it. As for the EU, there are no benefits for us, it's a joke.

thankyou, glad to see someone has some sense :)

Also in Germany the fuel prices change hourly (not sure if this happens in UK now as well), I've seen a 7 cent difference in Super Plus (98 RON) in the space of 6 hours at the same petrol station - so if you see it 'cheap' fill up there and then. Shell is the most expensive; JET, HEM and Tamoil petrol stations are the cheapest.

There's a hell of a lot of benefits to being in Europe from a financial POV, although if you don't work in certain industries or have never just buggered off to the continent and got a job just because you're a bit bored of this country you might never see them.

I'd rather have a slightly weaker currency that keeps the monarch's head on, though.

erm ok. :blush:

as i said above i am driving to greece and back without bothering with the maths and personally i wont care even if petrol goes up to £3/lt... ;)

just thinking of most people who now pay 60% more to go on holidays, buy more expensive cars, pay more for petrol, tvs, computers, fuit and veggies, etc etc

then again if you v got a factory here yes sales will go well....but how many of us have?

and yes if sales go well then whoever has that factory will employ more staff...but from what i see no matter what its more profitable to move the factory to india and ship over to england on euros or dollars... ;)

then again whats the percentage of the population that is affected by lets say a 100-200 quid a month more expensive living? i really think its much much more than the percentage that isnt (or have got a factory)...why are we stuck with the pound?

now lets start debating on education, mass media, government propaganda etc etc...

as i said..."frankly my dear i dont give a dime" and tbh as it is now pound all the way...if it goes up again then maybe euro ;)

but it wont!!!