Drop Links- What now???

350zpete

Hi Guys

There was alot of knocking and banging coming from the underside of the car (at low speed) so i had a look and found out that the drop links were knackered.

Now i have replaced them and it has helped the problem but the knocking is still there (at low speed) :rant:

I have had another look but everything else is still intact!

Any ideas???

Cheers

Hi

Funny that i have just dropped my roadster at the dealers today for a low speed knock/rattle coming from the underside, maybe the front drivers side suspension but not too sure, anyway i will post there findings if any when i get it back.

Cheers

Chris

[Could be lower suspension arm (banana bar) ball joint has collapsed.Just had mine replaced as it was creaking like an old cart,sorted now though.

/quote]

Just had call from dealer says its the lower suspension arm as well £305 plus vat!! Looking at £400+ fitted. :thumbdown:

[Could be lower suspension arm (banana bar) ball joint has collapsed.Just had mine replaced as it was creaking like an old cart,sorted now though.

/quote]

Just had call from dealer says its the lower suspension arm as well £305 plus vat!! Looking at £400+ fitted. :thumbdown:

PM ZMANALEX - pretty sure he can beat that price :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My car is having exactly the same problem. It's in Lee's Falcon Performance garage getting it sorted. Have replaced both the anti roll bars but still makes a rattling flapping noice at low speed when it goes over uneven roads. Falcon thinks it might be the banana bar. :thumbs: Will keep people posted when it's all sorted.

Really confused now after doing some research!!

Do i have to replace the whole arm or are there after market bushes/ball joint i can replace these with???

You have to replace the whole arm I'm affraid.

Try Zmanalex or R35Lee see if they have any used ones.

My car is having exactly the same problem. It's in Lee's Falcon Performance garage getting it sorted. Have replaced both the anti roll bars but still makes a rattling flapping noice at low speed when it goes over uneven roads. Falcon thinks it might be the banana bar. :thumbs: Will keep people posted when it's all sorted.

Trust me ...it'll be the dreaded banana bar ..... I have £2000.00 worth of experience :)

That aint good news boys :scare:

Although i am getting a 56000 mile P2 service for £180 of my local Nissan Dealer :yahoo:

And thats including brake fluid!!!

Going to replace the Plugs myself as they were ging to be a further £120 fitted!