De-Cat or not !!

stesrg

Hi all I am thinking of fabricating some nice stainless de-cat pipes for my Z few questions 1st 1 is their any lamber sensors in the cats 03 plate .

I know this will make it a bit noiser but will I need any other mods ?

Will I get a warning light on the dash ?

Thanks Ste .

i'd go for HFC's over decats, the gains might be slightly less but the noise is far less raspy.

if your fabricating them yourself then make the neck for the O2 sensors longer to pull them out of the flow. should stop the lights coming on, basically building in yourt own antifoulers.

personally if you had to go the decat route i'd go for resonated ones as decats make the exhaust note horribly raspy

i'd go for HFC's over decats, the gains might be slightly less but the noise is far less raspy.

if your fabricating them yourself then make the neck for the O2 sensors longer to pull them out of the flow. should stop the lights coming on, basically building in yourt own antifoulers.

personally if you had to go the decat route i'd go for resonated ones as decats make the exhaust note horribly raspy

Thanks for the info I could fabticate a 50mm stainless perforated pipe with 80mm outer wrapped with an insulating material !! this would stop the resonance , I used chery bombs on my ZM to de-cat that, could do with an old Cat to set up a Jig Anyone ?

Ste ..

Thanks for the info I could fabticate a 50mm stainless perforated pipe with 80mm outer wrapped with an insulating material !! this would stop the resonance , I used chery bombs on my ZM to de-cat that, could do with an old Cat to set up a Jig Anyone ?

Ste ..

I could help you with an old cat/cats but you will need a pair as they are handed. :thumbs:

Let me know if I can help you further.

Alex.

HFC's in favour of decats.. not saying that because I've got a pair but it's a pain to swap over when you MOT/NCT the car unless you get decats and cut a pipe further down your exhaust and get two cats further down that's easy to swap out I wouldn't do it. I'm going to be faced with some painful decision soon on how to get around that myself soon enough.

Ste ..

I could help you with an old cat/cats but you will need a pair as they are handed. :thumbs:

Alex.

Thanks for offer alex , but could do with someone a bit closer :) and willing to lend them me for about 2 months as I tend to take my time :teeth: mind you dont think it would take too long to fab up a jig but just incase as I rather busy at times !!

anyone can I please borrow your cats for a few months at the most I prommis I will take care of them ;) and return them as you gave me them.... Oh not the pussy ones btw :blush:

Ste .

Ste ..

Alex.

Thanks for offer alex , but could do with someone a bit closer :) and willing to lend them me for about 2 months as I tend to take my time :teeth: mind you dont think it would take too long to fab up a jig but just incase as I rather busy at times !!

anyone can I please borrow your cats for a few months at the most I prommis I will take care of them ;) and return them as you gave me them.... Oh not the pussy ones btw :blush:

Ste .

There are shipping companies up in Scotland you know. :lol::lol::lol:

Ste ..

Alex.

Ste .

There are shipping companies up in Scotland you know. :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::blush: I know but the items are heavy and when I finished with them I got to ship em back :D I am on a budget you know ;)

Ste .