Diff oil

Stretch

Posted a week or so ago that my car had missed its 36k P3 service as when I checked with the dealership the previous owner had instructed on a lesser service. The vehicle has done 40k now and I was wondering how essential it is to change the diff oil?

If you have access to a ramp it is a twenty minute job

There are drain plugs to both gearbox and diff. The diff from memory has also a magnet on the drain bung that needs cleaned.

Also remember to make sure you have the correct oils

I believe ALL 350'z use type gl5 in the diff

Gearboxes on the early ones use Type GL4 and later spec GL5

As a side issue I recently had my gearbox rebuilt and the company used GL4 but a slightly lighter grade and my second gear shift when cold is ten times better than before--maybe just a co-incidence :blush:

Hi mate, if you click on my progress thread in my sig I have done a full photo shoot on both these with oils and torque settings. :yahoo:

Just mailed that to my mechanic pal, he's very impressed and commented on what a top site this is :thumbs: Big thanks mate :thumbs:

Hi mate, if you click on my progress thread in my sig I have done a full photo shoot on both these with oils and torque settings. :yahoo:

Just mailed that to my mechanic pal, he's very impressed and commented on what a top site this is :thumbs: Big thanks mate :thumbs:

No worry at all mate, just check my thread if you need any other info. I've done a couple of bits in the short time I've owned her....

There's a 350z manual in the guide section your mechanic may like to have a read through, I get all my info of there for torque settings and levels etc. :thumbs:

Regards Alex

For diff oil, I just bought:

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-60318-clear ... l-oil.aspx

"Gulf Gear LS 80w-90 limited slip differential oil" GL5

In clearance at £4.75 a litre (2 bottles needed).

Sign up for an account for cheaper prices and use the code: APRILFREESHIP to get free delivery

I also bought 3x http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-60349-clear ... x-oil.aspx GL4/GL5 for gearbox oil.

Waaaay cheaper than anywhere else. Gearbox oil is slightly different grade to original - its not going to make any difference.