HKS Hipermax III sport

Greekman

Ask no questions you will hear no lies :lol:

first off the rear spring is OE in design, meaning the spring sits exactly where the stocker sits.

as far as height adjustment goes for the rear, there is an adjustable perch on the rear spring as well as a collar on the shock. you must adjust the shock with the sping to maintain proper shock travel--ie when you move the spring perch a few turns, lower the shock a few turns.

in the front you just lower the shock body as the springs come preloaded from hks. if you are not coner balancing then just leave the preload alone.

as for the shock setting adjustment. the fronts are at the top of the strut and is changed with a supplied allen wrench. the rear adjustment is made by a knob on the lower part of the rear shock. this is easy for me as i have stock brakes and lmgt4's--this allows me to stick my hand through the open part of the wheel and turn the knob.

install is easy. the front struts are pre-assembled. the rest is very similar to any other spring/shock install that you can find in DIY section. the only thing i recommend is if you are going to lower the rear a lot then do the perch adjustment before you install it as it is difficult to access once installed.

Hope that helps as an English translation for the fitting instructions - well haystack and needle come to mind :blush:

coilovers measured and ready! many thanks :thumbs:

last question...how many turns on the allen key? currently totally unscrewed...what happens when you turn it clockwise from now on? i like the ride nice and firm and the car neutral if not slightly oversteery... :teeth:

last question...how many turns on the allen key? currently totally unscrewed...what happens when you turn it clockwise from now on? i like the ride nice and firm and the car neutral if not slightly oversteery... :teeth:

They say "righty tighty lefty loosey" so clockwise means stiffer.

The best way is to just start from halfway between hardest and softest and decide which direction to go after driving a nice A or B road to form your impressions.

to create a neutral handling car or slightly oversteery, it is a complex interplay of adjusting bump, rebound, ride height, antiroll bar stiffness, presures etc.

So you will achieve this to varying degreee depending on how much adjustability you have in your set up.

But as a general rule:

The following trends will apply in most cases, there can be exceptions to some of these. Generally changes should be made one at a time, in small steps. I found this guide really helpful ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racing_setup

They say "righty tighty lefty loosey" so clockwise means stiffer.

The best way is to just start from halfway between hardest and softest and decide which direction to go after driving a nice A or B road to form your impressions.

to create a neutral handling car or slightly oversteery, it is a complex interplay of adjusting bump, rebound, ride height, antiroll bar stiffness, presures etc.

So you will achieve this to varying degreee depending on how much adjustability you have in your set up.

But as a general rule:

The following trends will apply in most cases, there can be exceptions to some of these. Generally changes should be made one at a time, in small steps. I found this guide really helpful ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racing_setup

excellent!!!! :yahoo:

now what should the ride height be so that the centre of gravity and the roll centre occupy the same space??? :teeth:

Dont worry too much about this as you will have to really slam the car to the floor to create a negative effect ;)

20 to 30mm will be fine and give you sufficient cleararnce for sleep policemen :thumbs: start by lowering both front and the rear the same height say 25mm and make small adjustment depending on the feedback you get from driving her in a mixed variety if conditions noting the behaviour on braking, cornering and lift off in particular ;)

I am set up as 30mm infront and 35mm at the rear but i will be raising the rear to 30mm soon as its too low for everyday driving :surrender:

Dont worry too much about this as you will have to really slam the car to the floor to create a negative effect ;)

20 to 30mm will be fine and give you sufficient cleararnce for sleep policemen :thumbs: start by lowering both front and the rear the same height say 25mm and make small adjustment depending on the feedback you get from driving her in a mixed variety if conditions noting the behaviour on braking, cornering and lift off in particular ;)

I am set up as 30mm infront and 35mm at the rear but i will be raising the rear to 30mm soon as its too low for everyday driving :surrender:

true...but i v got a full gt spec bracing under the car...30 waaaaaay too low!!!! 20-25 at best...thanks for the input anyway :teeth::teeth:

true...but i v got a full gt spec bracing under the car...30 waaaaaay too low!!!! 20-25 at best...thanks for the input anyway :teeth::teeth:

Looks like the Welsh roads are being regraded in May :lol:

Looks like the Welsh roads are being regraded in May :lol:

Haha man last year i was knocking the cat's eyes at the evo triangle...still remember marks face :lol::lol:

and that was without the bracing ;)

Greekman,

At the risk of sounding sensible, the last time I used some HKS gear, Their web site HKS europe had translations of the installation instructions.

Check the site or give them a bell M8. :thumbs:

did have a look m8 but didnt find anything...all sorted now anyway cant wait for the wales run....i ll have the bestest, meanest and fastest (on a track) Zed!!!! :yahoo:B):p:lol:

and thats not only because of the coilovers :teeth:

Haha man last year i was knocking the cat's eyes at the evo triangle...still remember marks face :lol::lol:

It makes you cringe every time you hear that scraping noise, i found it funny that it just made you speed up even more :lol:

It makes you cringe every time you hear that scraping noise, i found it funny that it just made you speed up even more :lol:

matey!!!! you are here!!!! cant wait to see you and your sick zed!!! B):yahoo: