Let the modifications begin!!

Wasso

Purchased my ARC induction kit a fair few months ago and decided it was about time the little beast was fitted. Undertaken in less than 2 hours without too much hassle, apart from the awkward placement of certain fixings.

I have to say the sound is very pleasing - I wouldn't say there are any major gains in the power department - although I wasn't expecting any until a re-map is undertaken. Next is the NOS alongside the re-map some time in the next couple of months. Although I am debating on which is more important, a new sofa or NOS? :doh:

I am still debating the exhaust issue, although I am slightly being drawn towards high flow cats. Future pics and details to follow:

Here's the before and after pics of the install.

Before :

DSCF2781.jpg

DSCF2782.jpg

After :

DSCF2783.jpg

DSCF2785.jpg

I am also looking into dressing the engine in of course Blue, so if anyone has any parts for sale let me know.

I've gota be honest I can't put the car down since the install. The sound is phenomenal!! I even popped out to lunch today - avoided the two closest McDonalds and chose one that allowed me to boot it down a couple of Dual Carriageways. I’d recommend this unit to anyone!! :yahoo:

I know this sounds daft or it could be my imagination although there sure is something extra. I'm probably talking a load of twodle here - although we didn't disconnect the battery when fitting the induction - I'm just wondering if the ECU still thinks the old filter is attached. Not sure - although I could swear there is a very slight improvement 3.5k onwards. A rolling road test will of course prove that, which will be coming along soon with the re-map.

"Although I am debating on which is more important, a new sofa or NOS?"

i really cant see the point of the question m8 :p

you prob get something till the engine bay gets too hot...and after a few days the ecu will adapt and you ll be getting nothing...and then you ll reset the ecu and it will feel all good again...and you ll keep doing that till you go for a remap or an aftermarket ecu ;):lol:

I know this sounds daft or it could be my imagination although there sure is something extra. I'm probably talking a load of twodle here - although we didn't disconnect the battery when fitting the induction - I'm just wondering if the ECU still thinks the old filter is attached. Not sure - although I could swear there is a very slight improvement 3.5k onwards. A rolling road test will of course prove that, which will be coming along soon with the re-map.

it will, the car doesn't instantly adjust to the sudden change.

but after driving it for a bit it will learn and adjust to the new air ratios to make the best of what it needs.

Ah I see now... I thought it would be an automatic adjustment. Well I suppose it gives me an idea of the additional performance. Well it's def put a smile on my face. I am dead cert now just to go for the high flow cats, instead of a full exhaust system. I don't want to ruin the noise of my new modification. Any comments on the Motordyne high flow cats? As I want to go for the full Motordyne manifold and plenum install, which would be good to keep some similarity with the HFC's.

you prob get something till the engine bay gets too hot...and after a few days the ecu will adapt and you ll be getting nothing...and then you ll reset the ecu and it will feel all good again...and you ll keep doing that till you go for a remap or an aftermarket ecu ;):lol:

:lol:

:lol:

man i am telling ya...i can reset the ecu waiting at certain traffic lights!!!! ;):lol::lol::lol: