Basic Detailing Kit - Help Required

M9O OEY

Hi ,

I picked my silver z up today :teeth::teeth: and have been :drive1 most of the day. Really happy with the car but its now dirty :thumbdown: . To be honest iv never been into detailing :dummy: but i now cant wait to start. Can you please help me out id like a basic detailing kit for now and i will get more as i go along. Also what methods should i use ? read alot about dodo and it sounds :thumbs: . Also any traders to get the stuff off with forum discounts :thumbs:

Thanks

Traders on the forum to contact are envy valeting or i4detailing.

If you want to keep it nice then you'll need two buckets, a wash mitt or two and some good quality shampoo.

Then some mild polish / pre wax cleanser - Maybe Dodo Lime Prime and/or Lime Prime Lite

Then some wax. Maybe Dodo Light Fantastic or Supernatural.

Obviously if it needs it you'll need to give the paint a bit of clay to make sure the surface you'll polish is clean.

Top all that with some Envy detailing brushes - MUST HAVE! - for use on wheels, interior, badges etc....

A bunch of microfibre cloths and applicators.

Then you're all set. Many members are happy to help out with technique etc.

You get get products of Tim at Envy Valeting or Andy at Kudos.

First of do you have a pressure washer,if you do then snow foam is a must.

2 buckets with grit gaurds.

A good shampoo.

Decent wash mitt.

Couple of good size drying towels.

A good polish.

Wax.

Applicators.

Wheel cleaner.

Wheel brush.

Detailing spray.

That lot should keep you going.

I'd start with Clarkie's list, get the basics of 2BM washing nailed, then move onto polishing and claying etc. Make sure you dont try and do a full detail first time around, just work your way up onto a full detail over a few months. A good wash technique will minimise any swirling so when you do come polishing, you efforts will last longer :thumbs:

I just bought some Bilthamber shampoo, clay and Autobalm and they work a treat, tested them on my old SAAB which had a matt bonnet and roof and it looks mint now :D

I must admit I was a bit sceptical about the clay but it's great stuff. Another bonus is that Bilthamber's a UK company :thumbs: