Responsechips Remap

Chris s

Hi guys, I've just booked into RS Tuning for a Rev UP remap next friday, but will be travelling down from Newcastle to Leeds for the treatment. However, I have just seen the following link stating another alternative for 350z remaps, does anyone know anything about this lot (a lot closer to me!)?

http://www.responsechips.com/performanc ... -370z.html

I've heard lots of good things about the work RS Tuning can do so would be willing to make the trip?

Any thoughts would be great!

Looks like they are just doing an 'on the bench' remap rather than a bespoke tune suited to the individual car. I've had mine done at RS tuning and I can highly recommend them. They know what they are doing and will give you a bespoke map specifically for your car, not just a 'one size fits all' approach.

Do you think this 'on the bench' method would be ok for a standard set up.

I want the revup but my cars staying pretty standard.

Even like for like standard cars will vary in performance, fueling etc etc so I would personally only go for the bespoke option that RS Tuning and Abbey offer. I don't have any first hand experience of the Response Chips method, but it doesn't sound ideal to me.

Yeah I think your right with the generic remap, they quoted me £599, so quite a bit more expensive than RS Tuning. But some how manage to quote an increase of 19bhp over stoke!!

Any tuner worth their salt wouldn't quote gain figures as all cars will react differently. As rtbuscuit said, stick with the experts ie RS or Abbey

Ask them how many they have done, what gains they have seen and what software they use to reflash it. If they get back to you chances are they do know what they're doing, but personally from what I've seen, these kinds of people dont get back to you.

RST or Abbey are known to do good work, use the right software and are honest with their work. Hightly recommeneded in many car communities, not just here :thumbs: