Colour Change **Pics Pg4**

Dene8

Lots of interesting colours there Rich, not sure I’d feel comfortable driving most of them tho' :lol:

&& as much as I’m tempted by the ‘Sierra Beige’ Husky, the paint was ordered a good week ago, so storm white it shall be :D

I know it's good to be different and unique but in this instance I’m more than happy blending in with the masses........... :thumbs:

I've just had mine done in Audi Ibis White (a non metallic white) with gloss black highlights (wheels, door handles, headlights, mirror holders) and it looks absoloutely stunning. I've had more comments on the car in the past week than I have in the whole year before.

Yes, white is pretty overdone at the moment but you won't care when you get the car back. You won't believe how wide and mean it looks! :) If the weather co-operates this weekend I'm going to give it another wash and wax and get some pics taken.

So which car does Storm White normally come on? Is it a metallic or pearl white or a solid white like mine?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just had mine done in Audi Ibis White (a non metallic white) with gloss black highlights (wheels, door handles, headlights, mirror holders) and it looks absoloutely stunning. I've had more comments on the car in the past week than I have in the whole year before.

Yes, white is pretty overdone at the moment but you won't care when you get the car back. You won't believe how wide and mean it looks! :) If the weather co-operates this weekend I'm going to give it another wash and wax and get some pics taken.

So which car does Storm White normally come on? Is it a metallic or pearl white or a solid white like mine?

It's off of the 370z bud, i've seen the colour in the metal and it's very B) Couldn't tell you what kind of paint it is tho' :blush:

IMG00066-20091101-1212.jpg

The Audi Ibis White is the whitest white i think i've ever seen, it was a toss up between that and the storm........ can't wait to see your pics Matt :D

It's off of the 370z bud, i've seen the colour in the metal and it's very B) Couldn't tell you what kind of paint it is tho' :blush:

The Audi Ibis White is the whitest white i think i've ever seen, it was a toss up between that and the storm........ can't wait to see your pics Matt :D

Ah, I'm pretty sure that's a pearl white then. Nice choice! :thumbs: It's always good to see it in the metal on a whole car first, colour chips aren't that helpful to be honest. That wasn't an issue with Ibis white as there's bloody millions of them! :lol: And yeah it is a REALLY bright white. In the sun you can barely look at it! B)

Still not seen a 370Z in the flesh in any colour yet. :(

• 1 month later...
What happened to the pics of this? I was really looking forward to seeing them.

J

Let down massively by the paint shop who keep putting my 'paint date' back due to their work load :bang:

So after being messed around on more than one occasion i booked it in to get wrapped in white and carbon instead :clap:

Pictures to follow :thumbs:

What happened to the pics of this? I was really looking forward to seeing them.

J

:blush::blush::blush:

Sorry chaps, meant to get these up much sooner (assuming you mean my pics and not Dene8s!).

As I said above the car has been sprayed Audi Ibis White which is a non-pearl or metallic white. The wheels are Linea Corse Z2S courtesy of Rarerims but I got the bodyshop to repaint the centres black to match the door handles, mirror holders, etc. As a result the finish is really glossy, better than any black wheel I've seen so far. :)

The car had a genuine Nismo V1 kit fitted at the same time that was provided by Envy for an excellent price. :thumbs: The bodyshop covered the square bit in the front bumper and leading edge of the side skirts with flexible black plastic to absorb stone chips. If we had painted them black they would have chipped quickly and looked awful. They also blended the rear spats into the rear bumper and smoothed out the side "Z" badges.

All bodyshop work was carried out by Gary, Steve and Tony at Newcoat Garage: http://www.newcoatgarage.co.uk/ and I would absolutely recommend them to anyone. :thumbs:

Here's the pics anyway, I'm not that great at taking photos but hopefully you get the idea:

Album:

http://s175.photobucket.com/albums/w135 ... Pics/350Z/

Slideshow:

http://s175.photobucket.com/albums/w135 ... b6cf76.pbw

The bonnet looks a little out on the pics (see larger gap against bumper on the passenger side) but a quick twiddle with the rubber adjusters on the bonnet has since fixed that. The car also has now had red calipers courtesy of ZMANALEX which have really finished the car off. B)

Well, sort of finished. :blush: It's going back in to Newcoat soon for a 07 "bulge" bonnet (again from Alex), repainted wipers (black to match the other bits) and blended side skirts (to remove the line halfway up). Will get more pics up in a new thread when it's all done, hopefully when it's a bit more sunny.

Let down massively by the paint shop who keep putting my 'paint date' back due to their work load :bang:

So after being messed around on more than one occasion i booked it in to get wrapped in white and carbon instead :clap:

Pictures to follow :thumbs:

Can't wait to see the pics! B) As the stone chips begin to build up on my car I can't help but wonder if I should have gone that route too! :lol: I bet wrapping is cheaper as well.

• 3 weeks later...

My focus is sprayed in HOK glamour white, it's even brighter then the Audi ibis white,

With regards to using solvents with spraying, house of colour have got around this by saying that they'd go out of business if they couldn't use the solvents in the paint so they are still allowed to be used on car resprays just not on straight from the factory jobs

• 3 weeks later...