Wales - The return of Zed: The next big drive out!

Jacko

October Dates:  

19 members have voted

1. 1. October Dates:

• Sunday 15th October 2006
    • Sunday 22nd October 2006
    • Sunday 29th October 2006

So then, who's up for a last good spin around Wales before the end of season?? :D

Guys, considering that the year is quickly moving on and before you know it we will all be slip sliding away in the snow :scare: I've been thinking about organising another drive out. After the success of the last day, I was hoping that we might be able to arrange another day. I was hoping to come up with somewhere new, but the year has flew past and other meets happened etc, so I personally would be up for another day driving out around wales, although maybe not get as sunburnt! :sun:

We could do a similar route as it was a good amount of driving with some good scenery, crackin roads and good food!

For anyone that didn't catch the original drive out day, it it's documented here:- http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1518&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Now granted the weather is likely to be a bit more suspect, but I'll do my best to book some autumnal sun and we may get lucky. Considering where we are now, with the fact that we have Zed fest on the 9/10th of Sept, and then I'm on hols for 2 weeks end of September (i know, sorry selfish!).

Therefore I am suggesting that we choose one of the Sundays of 15th/22nd/29th of October?

Route would be similar to last time (will review nearer etc to see if we can add anything else in):

1) Follow M56 to end, then hang a left onto the A494 towards Mold (via A5117).

2) Follow A494 past Mold towards Ruthin.

3) At Ruthin stay on A494 towards Bala.

4) A494 comes to end at Corwen, turn right onto A5 then left at next lights onto A494 to Bala.

5) At Bala, pull into the car park next to the lake and endulge in some nice ice cream/brew/chat.

6) Leave Bala and take the A4212/A470 over the tops and moorland to both Betws-y-coed (this is the scenic road we took last time).

7) Take A5 back out of Betws-y-coed then take the B4501 towards Denbigh (this is Denbigh Moor road)

8) At Denbigh, then follow signs for Ruthin on A525.

9) Make way back up the A494 towards M56.

10) Cruise home via M56.....

If the worst happens and we get a really bad spell of weather then we could always cancel it? Just thinking that it would be good to meet up again before the real bad weather hits. Give some of the newbies or people that couldn't make it, a chance to meet up with us and we can hopefully beat the 9 cars out we had last time. Open to all...:thumbs:

So what do you think then? I'm willing to stick my neck out and organise again as long as the interest is there....

sensible comments on a postcard to....... ;)

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because more people tend to be busy on a Saturday with other things. The roads will be busier as well and its football season, therefore I won't be able to do a Sat (playing).

Why, can you not make one sunday?

Because more people tend to be busy on a Saturday with other things. The roads will be busier as well and its football season, therefore I won't be able to do a Sat (playing).

Yep, will be playing footy every sunday from the 3rd of Sept. :blush:

Yeah I have the same probs with Sats. Unfortunately it just tends to be that people have more free time on a Sunday......

Yeah I have the same probs with Sats. Unfortunately it just tends to be that people have more free time on a Sunday......

Never mind then.

1) Jacko

2) M13KYF

3) Chesterfield

4) TheMinel

5) Liam's Z

6) lomoto

7) Digsy

Wouldn't miss it for the world but will have to check dates when I get home. :thumbs:

PS Come on Sarnie, sort it out, we're all dying to meet you. :)