350Z GTS - Blown Away

Jimojameso

I never bothered to ask about the ECU used, I have complete faith in the installation doing what they advertise(after all it is homologated for Switzerland and Germany). One of the novidem guys at the Swiss national Z day told me that the GT450 has different pistons/rods and cylinder head work. Basically they have to make it bulletproof. However it is too noisy for day to day use IMHO. The 380 is already very capable and represents better value for money, plus with their valved exhaust it sounds amazing and passes EU noise regs.

Personally I'm waiting for the end of 2007 / beginning of 2008 before changing my car - at that time I will either consider another a new Z (possibly with a Novidem S/C from new), an M3, a new Supra, or an Evo X. I think the GTR won't be around before 2009, and looking at the evolution of the 350Z I would be afraid to buy a GTR in 2009 only for a better version with lots of fixes made to come out in 2010.

• 1 month later...

if the Vortech experience (even more so here in the UK, no known failures) is anything to go by though, reliability shouldn't be an issue even with stock internals.

let's not forget that SCs put less strain on the engine compared to TTs

many also say that they are more suited to our cars too. (due to the "more linear" power delivery)

if the Vortech experience (even more so here in the UK, no known failures) is anything to go by though, reliability shouldn't be an issue even with stock internals.

let's not forget that SCs put less strain on the engine compared to TTs

many also say that they are more suited to our cars too. (due to the "more linear" power delivery)

I disagree, I think it is not the method of FI that effects the engine but the strain of running the FI