350Z GTS - Blown Away

Jimojameso

yeah, but it officially won't make production even on a limited edition unfortunately :(

also, FFS that kit is abysmal :dry: with the myriad of kits they could choose from, they went with that Strosek one? I only like the rear valance, that wing is :cry:

Why did they pick this kit/SC out of all the good stuff out there? I think it looks horrible, maybe the specs of the engine are ok.....

I'm curious how much they spend on the tuning so we can compare with other products available for the Z.

Why did they pick this kit/SC out of all the good stuff out there? I think it looks horrible, maybe the specs of the engine are ok.....

I'm curious how much they spend on the tuning so we can compare with other products available for the Z.

This SC is produced in Switzerland by Novidem (http://www.novidem.ch), and had been available in Switzerland and Germany since the beginning of 2004 (you can get it via the Nissan dealer :p ). It costs 15,000 Swiss francs (6,500 quid) fitted and with a gaurantee. The reason it's expensive is that is homolagated - which is essential for legal tuning in Switzerland and Germany. The kit is very reliable, switchable (so that you can turn it off when running around town). It is the only S/C kit in the world that is designed for the european Z and therefore fits without needing to do things like getting rid of washer bottles etc. It works on all Z's including those with the rev-up motor.

Novidem also offer GT450 and GT500 packages (the numbers indicating the power). They are a very serious tuner, and do loads of testing at the nurburgring - same cannot be said of people like vortech or pro charger.

I've been a passenger in the GT380, and GT450, they are amazing! I just can't convince the other half that I need to upgrade my Z :rant:

CDR has been a round a long time, I remember his nick from the old forum :)

I hope he meant that Vortech at al don't do testing @ the Ring, not that they aren't a serious Company ;)

PS how can it come with a warranty? do they do all instalallations? that would be the only way they could warrant a product, i'd say

The front bumper is very functional too.

because of that hole that supposedly helps airflow?

Yes (especially when you have an intercooler blocking the normal route of air flow ;) ), but mainly due to the brake cooling from the brake ducts.

CDR has been a round a long time, I remember his nick from the old forum :)

I hope he meant that Vortech at al don't do testing @ the Ring, not that they aren't a serious Company ;)

PS how can it come with a warranty? do they do all instalallations? that would be the only way they could warrant a product, i'd say

Yeah - I've been around and back again so to speak! I have no doubt that vortech is a serious company (pro charger I'm not so sure about), however they don't make a S/C kit specifically for the european Z. I also wonder what kind of testing they do on cars fitted with their kit. Testing at the ring is very revealing as to the peformance and reliability of any car / tuning. Novidem do complete tuning packages for the Z, which go way beyond superchargers.

Yes - it comes with a warranty because they do ALL installations (it's part of the price). That is the only way to get the mod done legally over here.

so that completely cuts us off their market though, unless we drive there :(

Or unless Nissan GB pull their finger out and offer the S/C over there. In any case it's a nice drive to come over, stop by the ring on the way, and on the way back (note the difference in performance :teeth: ) I guess it would be a bit cheaper too, since you wond't need them to take care of registering the mods with the Swiss equivalent of the DVLA.

yeah but it's not like an overnight installation though, is it now? :)

no, I was told it's 2 nights, but it depends on what you ordered... the GT450 has a lot of engine internals changed - that's why it doubles the price of the basic install.

no, I was told it's 2 nights, but it depends on what you ordered... the GT450 has a lot of engine internals changed - that's why it doubles the price of the basic install.

So that's about 13.000 quid for the GT450 package? That's quite some money. Suppose you get warranty makes it worthwile....

might as well go for the GT500 since you are there... where can you get the full specs of what they do for that tuning package and what parts they use?

They are not marketing the GT500 at the moment (although a guy in Bahrain has one :surrender: ). If you click on the PDF files on this page: http://www.novidem.ch/inhalt.php?bereich=nissanz350 You will see some different info (however it's all in German) about specs etc. Also you can see what other options they offer in the GT380 package here: http://www.novidem.ch/inhalt.php?bereich=gt380

Yeah I downloaded all of those pdfs. My german is rusty to say the least, and the site can't be translated as it's all a picture.

I wanted to know specs as in what ECU they use, what internals (in the 450 then) and other parts. It's all well and good give a HP figure but tbh for the price I'd want to know every single part they use on the car!