Lightly scratched windscreen

ATTAK Z

Believe it or not common or garden Brasso works a treat on glass! Because it's a very fine abrasive it shouldn't do any harm.

Having said that I have never used it on a windscreen, so might be worth trying an inconspicuous spot first.

It takes a little time and the best thing is not to push too hard, let the brasso do it's thing, very much like T-cut.

I used this method once on a respirator mask that I used to own, it was so scratched it was like looking out on a blizzard.

Whipped out the Brasso and about 3 hours of wrist action later (Fnar, Fnar) it was looking better than when it came outta the box.

Thanks Stan I'll try that

Has any one gone down this route ?

http://www.glasspolish.eu/services.html ... eencontent

that looks expensive - how bad is your windscreen? :surrender:

I'll go down the professional route if the T Cut doesn't work well enough ...... nothing's too good for my baby and I'm spending a fair bit on her at the moment to get her back to A1 standard

I use Brasso successfully to remove scratches off my watch face so its not such a daft idea, however I did try this, plus glass polish on a windscreen of a previous car that had some deep scratches caused by a decrepit wiper blade. Unfortunately, it left a light haze behind worse than the original scratch so gave up in the end and used a professional service, cost around £90 and guy laughed at my amateur attempt but I forgave him as he did a perfect job.

I use Brasso successfully to remove scratches off my watch face so its not such a daft idea, however I did try this, plus glass polish on a windscreen of a previous car that had some deep scratches caused by a decrepit wiper blade. Unfortunately, it left a light haze behind worse than the original scratch so gave up in the end and used a professional service, cost around £90 and guy laughed at my amateur attempt but I forgave him as he did a perfect job.

Who did you use ? I'm a bit frightened of a DIY result too ... no comeback on that is there

Who did you use ? I'm a bit frightened of a DIY result too ... no comeback on that is there

I have some bad scratches too on my windscreen after using an abrasive cloth to removed some stuborn tar deposits :headhurt: its quite bad in the night and was planning to give autogalss a call via my insurance claiming it was cracked or vandalised but i will try the T-cut glass and if that fails will give the pros a call ;)

Shout out if you go this route straight away so we know the results and prices

......... was planning to give autogalss a call via my insurance

I called AUTOGLASS out to look at a very minor stone chip mark ...the guy said they never do polishing cos it changes the optical qualities of the glass

......... was planning to give autogalss a call via my insurance

I called AUTOGLASS out to look at a very minor stone chip mark ...the guy said they never do polishing cos it changes the optical qualities of the glass

No...... not to polish.........if i was calling them out it will be for a replacement :lol: