High Pitch squealing sound from drivers-side wheel

narcotix

Hi,

I recently had new tyres fitted last week and since then I've been hearing a high pitch squealing sound comming from the drivers-side wheel ...

I'm almost certain that its brake related as it disappears when I apply the brakes ... I only have to apply the smallest amount of pressure on the brake pedal as it's gone ...

It sounds like something is catching on the disc maybe as it gets quicker as I speed up ... it's not the loudest squeal ever, but it definitely is starting to annoy me now ...

any ideas?

I'm planning on changing the brake discs as well as the pads soon ... I noticed that there's quite a big lip on the front discs :scare:

Only problem now is that I don't have the money to do it this month as I spent £500 on tyres and laser alignment etc last week ...

:dry:

Hahaha ... It sounds like you're trying to rob me ... :blackeye:

I know brakes are one area of the car that you don't want to neglect ... I'm going to check my finances today and try and get the money together ...

This might be a dumb question but if the pads were low, then shouldn't the squeal be louder when i apply the brakes? It's reversed in my case ... the squeal is almost constant unless I press the brake at which point it stops squealing...

This might be a dumb question but if the pads were low, then shouldn't the squeal be louder when i apply the brakes? It's reversed in my case ... the squeal is almost constant unless I press the brake at which point it stops squealing...

Yeh its weird... but thats what they do for some reason. :shrug: