Travelling routes & Interesting driving locations

Idea #1 is a good idea  

1. 1. Idea #1 is a good idea

• Yes
    • No

Idea #1:

I think it would be a good idea to have a sticky topic listing good driving routes and places members have found and wish to share with others.

This will only work if the topic remains at the top of a forum and I'd be happy to update it if people PM me details to add to it. For example:

Region:Oxfordshire

Start: Local pub name on road Axxx

Finish: Local pub name on road Axxx

Duration (approx): 1hr 30mins

Description:

Route takes you through some scenic twisty B-roads, which incorporates a couple of fast A roads. Only 2 known safety cameras in region (shown on map) and keeps away from local towns / villages. You will go past attraction name & attraction name 2.

Map: http://www.google.com/maps

ITN File: link to download ITN file

Whats the point of this? Well, I'm sure if people knew of interesting routes local meets would start to occur more - can't do any harm to the forum.

Idea #2:

I will be posting this across other enthusiast forums inc PistonHeads.

I'd like to get a map plotting all known worthy road tunnels across the UK. I've made a start, and anyone will be able to update it across the whole of the UK.

I hear you shout.."you sad son of a b.." - but wait (there is reason to my madness). If every driveable tunnel was plotted on a map, sports cars around the UK can make bigger and better tunnel runs. We spend tons of cash on expensive sport exhausts - yet rarely go in a tunnel (you could well be sitting right next to one not knowing about it). knowing where tunnels are will allow you to incorporate a few in a nice driving route.

UK Driving Tunnels <<< click here and start to add those tunnels (sign into a Google account). :)

I seem to remember we tried this a while ago in a few threads and it didnt really work too well. Definately worth looking at, but we need a good way to document it which is easy to get at :thumbs:

Wonder if we can upload GPS routes or something somewhere like Google maps and keep them all on one map.