Wireless mouse probs

lomoto

Just had a new computer for home a few weeks ago, it came supplied with one of these wireless keyboards / mouse thingies..The bloody thing wants batteries virtually very day..now its packed up altogether.. is this normal..I'm using my old wired keyboard and mouse now :rant:

Just had a new computer for home a few weeks ago, it came supplied with one of these wireless keyboards / mouse thingies..The bloody thing wants batteries virtually very day..now its packed up altogether.. is this normal..I'm using my old wired keyboard and mouse now :rant:

Tim, it shouldn't want batteries everyday! If you put new ones in, they should last for ages....... I'd check how far the receiver is away. Guess if its on the edge of its limit, then it could be that its using more power to try to boost the signal etc.....

What brand is it? My home pc has microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse and they last for ages. That said, I don't use that pc for hours on end......

Tims using co-op batteries though

cheeky bugger... I've tried allsorts in it.. even rechargable ones from my camera!!..the transmiter is about 2 feet away frm the mouse..as I said worked OK with new batteries but this last time it wont go :headhurt: Keyboard is OK its just this bleeding mouse

Jacko... brand says "Benq" on it may as well say" El Bonco " for all the good it is ,just rang up the guys I got it from and they say it shouldnt eat batteries like that , so may be faulty..I,ve got to take it back..Told em I want a wired one instead :rant:

To be honest, unless you really need or want a wireless one, I'd just stick with a good old USB wired job....... much more reliable....

I didnt want one.. I just got supplied with this piece of crap thats cost me a fortune in batteries :rant::rant: nice idea though , just more complication for complications sake I think?

To be honest, unless you really need or want a wireless one, I'd just stick with a good old USB wired job....... much more reliable....

I didnt want one.. I just got supplied with this piece of crap thats cost me a fortune in batteries :rant::rant: nice idea though , just more complication for complications sake I think?

Well, I've got 2 logitech wireless mice. Both are wireless but they're both rechargeable with a docking station, making the bettery going flat a moot point. Even so, that happens very rarely, and I frequently ind myself going weeks on end before it starts flashing at me indicating battery low. A quick park on the cradle fixes that. :yahoo: I can highly reccommend Logitech mice and keyboards, mostly good kit.

The attendant Logitech keyboard (with the one comp) is wireless also and uses normal batteries, and has now recently had one new replacement set (after about a year's worth of use...!)

I can vouch for the game playing aspect of a wireless mouse.

If you want to gt really geeky about it, then you need to make sure that if it is an optical mouse, the resoloution is fairly high too, other wise that can affect your accuracy.

I do miss online gaming/lan sessions. :blush:

Until youve played counterstrike in multiplayer mode and shot someone point blank, only to hear your mate in the next room shour "you B**tard" at the top of their voice - you'll never know.:teeth:

Thats a pleasure I think I will have to go through life not knowing Chris :blush::teeth:

Until youve played counterstrike in multiplayer mode and shot someone point blank, only to hear your mate in the next room shour "you B**tard" at the top of their voice - you'll never know.:teeth:

Thats a pleasure I think I will have to go through life not knowing Chris :blush::teeth:

Its about 12,535,645,676,545,766,753,325 th on my list of things to do before i die :blush:

Guest prescience
I'm with the geeks :p

PS much better than random casual console gamners who, not knowing how to use a PC, resort to have to play games on consoles which are highly inferior to PC ones :bleh:

or those who have a life and don't bother with games because there's so much else to enjoy :p