blade silver.. ers! valeting

V88 REG

ive had a thought :bounce:

My car is blade silver and i do keep it clean, without fail every week, i use Megs, Chemical Guys, Zainio, etc , so not the halfords crap, ive got a Porter cable and i valet other car through recommendations. Anyway, does anyone on here have any tips or advice or experiences of cleaning and polishing this colour and thoughts on whats the best way/ products to use.

Ta !

i have a blade silver,

started out on megs products which are good, but recently upgraded to dodo juice stuff.

now its a wash and shampoo with megs NXT car shampoo

every 6 months i like to clay the car with my megs clay bar

then its dodo lime and prime lite

topped off with dodo super natural wax.

and on the odd weeks i wash and rinse and keep it topped with dodo red mist

For silver cars you cant beat the werkstat arcylic stuff.... its bloomin awesome. - I'm a recent convert!

I've tried all sorts in the past, until recently megs No. 16 - Mirror Glaze wax was my favourite - gave good beads and great deep warm reflections.

I tried the werkstatt prime / jett / gloss combo, after a clay and was seriously impressed. Flake pop is awesome and gives a glass like shine. Its not as warm as the wax but its defo more glossy and sharper.

Unfortunately i've not had chance to get some images up of the werkstat.

Here is what the Megs 16 used to look like on my old Type R

PICT0011.jpg

PICT0003.jpg

PICT0001.jpg

Z with Megs - from phone on camera i'm afraid so sheeeeite quality...

DSCF0299.jpg

IMAG0082a.jpg

:teeth:

nice. Ive heard pourboys glaze is good for the paint proctection/ shine wise.

Id say that mine was v. clean but would like it to last a bit longer than the dodo juice. seems to stop beading after a couple of days.

i use a mix of use supernatural and red mist and mine beads for months.

just need to build up some layers

cool, i just bought some red mist and some sample pots of soft wax ( im tight).

might change my machine to a bigger one as although the Megs one is good, needs something a bit more substantail for the large panels on a zed.

I've always used Megs Gold Class Shampoo followed by clay (only every 6 months), Autoglym Super Resin Polish and finally Collinite 476s wax (can't beat this stuff for beading month after month!). This is on a Twilight grey 350 and light silver Focus. Very happy with the finish on both and will stick with the same routine for my Storm White 370.

might change my machine to a bigger one as although the Megs one is good, needs something a bit more substantail for the large panels on a zed.

??????

I fail to see how that'd make a difference to the finish.

I use the werkstat stuff on my Girlfriends white car. It's solid white but comes up really well.

Silver is one of them colours you just don't get as much satisfaction out of cleaning, you won't see much of a difference in paint work reflection....

When i had silver Autoglym did the trick for me, apply with pad and wipe off with micro-fibre cloth... :)

Silver is one of them colours you just don't get as much satisfaction out of cleaning, you won't see much of a difference in paint work reflection....

When i had silver Autoglym did the trick for me, apply with pad and wipe off with micro-fibre cloth... :)

I have to disagree with you there, I own a blade silver and it comes out with a gorgeous deep shine/reflection. As long as you take time on the panles etc and stick to quality products silver comes out just as good if not better than other colours ;):blush:

Yeh, Silver is a pain like that. Doesn't look dirty but never looks as glossy as other colours. I just make do with the satisfaction of waxing the car and when it rains drive it up the road and about 1 minute later all the water has rolled off and it's still clean :)

For me i've owned 2 silver cars, just didn't get as much satisfaction out of cleaning them... Here are some examples of work on my own cars... silver Golf did come out nice, but the others always have a much deeper shine to them...

My Fiesta...

FiestaZetecS3.jpg

Picture1543.jpg

Picture1514.jpg

Picture1540.jpg

Shine3.jpg

Shine2.jpg

Shine1.jpg

My Golf...

Pic1.jpg

My E30...

DSCN5609-1.jpg

DSCN5604.jpg

:)

??????

I use the werkstat stuff on my Girlfriends white car. It's solid white but comes up really well.

well being that the smaller megs machine suits the 4" spot pads and now ive got a kestral it makes it a lot easier cos of the 6" surface area it covers, which maaaaay in return give a better result.

anyway silver does come up real good espcially with the light fantastic. but i put the Lime prime on with the rotary and made a much better even finish than by hand.

Me.... I use warm water, a sponge some elbow grease and twice a year I may use some car polish if I can find some in the garage Oh in the Summer I might leather after the wash... 10 mins a week max ...per car that is.... ooh I have 8 though!! I just hadn't realised how much time people spend with the polish stuff!! :yahoo:

??????

well being that the smaller megs machine suits the 4" spot pads and now ive got a kestral it makes it a lot easier cos of the 6" surface area it covers, which maaaaay in return give a better result.

anyway silver does come up real good espcially with the light fantastic. but i put the Lime prime on with the rotary and made a much better even finish than by hand.

Any machine *should* give a better result when cutting though.

Sorry by bigger machine I thought you meant more powerful, not pad size. A more powerful machine on Zed paint makes no difference as the paint is so soft.

I dabble with the rotary on the Zed but will be giving it a proper going over soon. I find I revert away from the Makiita and back to the porter cable for a lot though as I'm certainly not the best with a rotary!

tbh i dont know as i tend to try and learn myself, but even using a final finish or buffing pad with a suitibale cleaner/polish is more than enough, was so surprised as to how good the Lime Prime was as its already got some abrasives in it. so when i used the 6" pads i found it gave a much thorough finish/clean than by hand ready for the dodo wax. :D

• 1 month later...