Windows question

Woody

My passenger side window will not go down or up automatically, as in I have to hold the window button up or down to get the window to move. if I let go the window will stop. My drivers side works fine, one blip of the switch up or down and the window will open or close on its own.

Is the passenger side window supposed to be automatic? Can anyone point my in the right direction to look

Cheers Woody :thumbs:

My passenger side window will not go down or up automatically, as in I have to hold the window button up or down to get the window to move. if I let go the window will stop. My drivers side works fine, one blip of the switch up or down and the window will open or close on its own.

Is the passenger side window supposed to be automatic? Can anyone point my in the right direction to look

No, only drivers side is auto :thumbs:

No, only drivers side is auto :thumbs:

Ahhh :doh: cheers bud. Its a bit of a pain in the a*se. Caused me to leave my window open all night :thumbdown:

Both of mine are Auto Up and Down :#1:

I think it changed with the updated interior at some point, but older cars only have it on the drivers side.

or JDM only, not sure

I think it was mainly JDMs and the very last models in the UK. You can tell by the switch, if its auto up/down on both sides, the switches on the drivers side both have an "A" in them I believe

It's created like this purposly as a safety feature, although I agree rather annoying.

The reasoning behind this decision was to prevent the driver acidentally shutting the window on a passenger in particular a minor; whereas you're unlikely to shut your own hand in the gap........well it would be funny if you did :doh:

This rule was adhered to by all manufacturers but things mabe different nowadays.

Thanks for all the replies :thumbs:

It's created like this purposly as a safety feature, although I agree rather annoying.

The reasoning behind this decision was to prevent the driver acidentally shutting the window on a passenger in particular a minor; whereas you're unlikely to shut your own hand in the gap........well it would be funny if you did :doh:

This rule was adhered to by all manufacturers but things mabe different nowadays.

You would of thought they would of put a auto stop sensor in, like on most German cars. I had them on my SEAT. If you put your hand in the way of the window, whilst it was moving, it would auto stop. But if your stupid enough to get your hand caught in the window, you shouldnt be allowed in a car :lol:

Both of mine are Auto Up and Down :#1:

I think it changed with the updated interior at some point, but older cars only have it on the drivers side.

or JDM only, not sure

I think it was mainly JDMs and the very last models in the UK. You can tell by the switch, if its auto up/down on both sides, the switches on the drivers side both have an "A" in them I believe

Yes, or the other option is a sneaky mod, someone could of got another drivers side window button and switched it for the passengers side, as both buttons are exactly the same, they show right hand side windows with an 'A' in it..

52 plate JDM