TLM 350z Testing at Mallory!

MrLizard

Another Early day being kept awake by cats all night!

This time we were up at 6am to get to the track for 7ish, although to be fair Abbey were up even earlier than that to drive the silly distance up the M1 to Mallory 60mph all the way! :bang:

Weather looked like rain, and although it rained in places through the day it did hold off for the majority of testing.

The track however, was wet, as some of the photos will suggest, coupled with there being mud on the track in places and not helped by a Ferrari dropping its PS fluid all around the first corner, though Mark at Abbey saw an oppurtunity and sold him some more before he had got back to the pits :#1:

Car handled well, Abbey really know their stuff and Mark and Will didnt hang around it altering the cars setup and talking to me through the day to see what worked and what didnt, essentially the day was to get me used to the car again as I have driven a whole host of other cars since mine in the last 6 months.

The session did acheive just that, bizarrely even though the weather was poor it was probably better that I practice driving quick in poor conditions as it is inherently easier (relatively) to drive quick in hot dry conditions with loads of grip. As we live in the UK though you are guarenteed to have races in rubbish weather, reaching the limit of grip at 100+ round a corner in the wet does however come with some adrenaline :)

As mentioned before the car has had a host of upgrades since last year, the power delivery felt much better, much more eager to pull itself out of corners, I can now short shift between the hairpin and devils elbow which I couldnt last year without running out of torq, the suspension settings allowed me to make up significant speed through a few corners, last year through turn 1 I was hitting 80 in 3rd, this year in the damp hitting 109ish in 5th with maybe a little bit left in the car grip wise...maybe :dummy:

Day ran an open pit lane as not enough people turned up, so I had single seaters, ford fiesta's a Ferrari 280gto with a Maranello v12 pushing 600+ bhp to the wheels and two ginettas to play with, essentialy I had the track to myself but it did allow me to occasionally feel the difference between braking on the damp line and braking on the wet line to overtake into corners.

Enough Waffle, here are some pics :

TLM-TestingatMallory240210-05.jpg

TLM-TestingatMallory240210-06.jpg

TLM-TestingatMallory240210-07.jpg

TLM-TestingatMallory240210-08.jpg

TLM-TestingatMallory240210-09.jpg

TLM-TestingatMallory240210-10.jpg

TLM-TestingatMallory240210-11.jpg

TLM-TestingatMallory240210-12.jpg

TLM-TestingatMallory240210-13.jpg

TLM-TestingatMallory240210-14.jpg

TLM-TestingatMallory240210-15.jpg

TLM-TestingatMallory240210-16.jpg

TLM-TestingatMallory240210-4.jpg

TLM-TestingatMallory240210-17.jpg

Huge Thanks to Abbey Motorsport for their continued support and help with eating the biscuits

All of TLM

UpRev

**REMOVED**

Motordyne

Zenzero

Envy Performance

Total Nissan

Out of interest, how much difference do you think the rear wing is making?

I was suprised by how much difference it made, couldnt really feel it with the slower corners and esses but the first corner... :scare:

I will take it off and see what difference we get at silverstone next week, cracking spoiler though, and its adjustable :)

Looks great! :thumbs:

Shame it was wet.....but then your point about getting to practise in normal British weather is a good one had never thought of it like that :drive1

yer, part of you does want it to be easier and to go quicker but i feel like you learn more in rubbish weather, snow isnt so much fun neither is torential rain like we had at brands in places last year, but all an experience..

had a couple of moments and controlling the brakes in wet is good practice as different wheels lock, abs kicks in on different wheels the car squirms around quite a bit.

**REMOVED** gave me a pair of Carbon fibre doors among a few other bits and bobs donated by members, no direct financial support as that wouldnt be fair on members and them paying to join.

ive no interest in politics and Colin/ebized did chat with me about a few bits and bobs on here, we shall see what this year brings ;)